07 Accord Starship Enterprise

VTISmichael

just over 119k now which is hardly nothing on these, went to the dealer yesterday and we agreed id get it tested at my local garage and he would get the work done on the warrenty. Had it tested this morning,

3 codes came up, P1248 - accelerater pedal sensor & P2138 - sensor A/B (he said they had the same description) and P0339 - crank position sensor intermittent

Awaiting a call back from the dealer now.

I suspected it was to do with TPS(throttle position sensor) as alot of forums said its a common problem, im glad its brought up the crank sensor that could of done some damage over time, proby had a tug on the cable or something when they did the timing chain.

Temporary insured the civic till sat for £36 at least that was cheap lol im still going to drive the civic this week, the steering is much heavier but handles so much better lol

Me too, tho i like the civic alot it aint no motorway cruiser like the accord, its been really gd so far and hopefully once sorted no more problems, im tempted to get some prices from honda for the bits but ill try ringing the dealer again as they havent rung back!

Dealer just said contact the warrenty ppl, bit useless really this dealer. Anyway, i had to go back to the garage to get them call the warrenty company, that went fine, i rung them after and they said get a quote from a garage and get them to phone them as well. Found a local garage a mile away, went in and explained the fualt codes but a bloke on the typeaccord forum said it was the engine side TPS sensor not the pedal so i told them to change that one. I also said i have to leave it here for them to fix as i work in worcester (take ittttt fixxxxx it! lol) hopefully its all sorted by mid week as long as honda have the part, hopefully its not too expensive!

Oh here's a pic of my accord maaaaatee at work :P

2015-10-15%2010.08.53.jpg

Typical.

I phoned the garage today, they tested it and no error codes were logged. He took it for 7-8 mile run no problems.

He said honda do the crank sensor for £87 and the TPS sensor for £187, id just buy the crank sensor for piece of mind but looks quite differcult to change!

The TPS sensor proby is the problem but thats alot for a possible problem sensor!

Its now a gamble if and when it might break down again :(

What to do !?