07 Accord Starship Enterprise

VTISmichael

Update

I can get a non sat nav headunit for like 60 quid but it means no sat nav & i just got the new maps disc which is considably cheaper than a new sat nav as i have no sense of direction! WACK11111

Did the back brakes they were squeaking even worse this week, i found the pads were a bit stiff when in the carrier so a quick file of one end and copper greased everything, also pushed the piston out & back again which was fine. Discovered that the discs are not only discs but drums too! Never seen that before, was temped to have a look behind but ill see if it still squeaks in the week.

Bloody alarm has started playing up, ive left the dog in the car loads of times & key fob locked it but now its decided to go off after 1 min and lock itself ramdomly which it never did before! So after googling ive disconnected the siren so i dont go def as its in the boot! :x Very odd the only things ive touched is the passenger rear door child lock but that shouldnt make any difference?

Did the aux pulley, jacked up the engine, took the whole engine mount off and i could get a rachet on it, was easy then :D pics below..

Also my sister brought her corsa round, engine was rattling quite bad, i told her to check the oil and guess what there was none in it!! :-o Looks like the sump has been leaking again so i retightened the bolts & a couple were not that tight, what a piece of crud that car is, i also sorted her headlights out, used t-cut & a buffer cleaned them up well actually she was happy, got to do her exhuast next weekend tho :roll: 

2015-10-07%2015.02.09.jpg2015-10-10%2013.00.18.jpg2015-10-10%2013.00.24.jpg2015-10-10%2012.25.27.jpg

Dude, our alarm does that as well... Doesn't matter how we try locking it, if the boys are in the car (like at a petrol station or something.... We don't lock them in over night) the alarm still goes off.

I thought that if you lock anything in the car that moves it'll set the alarm off? Isn't that the idea of them? 

Good work so far! 

Corsa's are heaps of shit! Mother has one, oil pressure sensors are known to leak a lot! Cheap to replace though.

Bad news, anyway i noticed today it seemed a bit sort of spluttery on the stable throttle, got in the car to go out tonight, got 5 mins away and suddenly the VSA & engine light came on the car wouldnt accelerate and i had to come to a stop, turned it off and started it again, the gas pedal didnt do anything at all so i couldnt move it! Turned it off again for 5 mins, this time on ingition i pressed the VSA button to switch it off and it would now rev, got it home which was gd.

After reading a few forums, a few say its to do with Oil being really low, some say its to do with the throttle body, some say if it sort of misfires it kicks the VSA(traction control) into action and puts into limp mode. Could be turbo but it seems to pull strong since ive had it. I really dont need this problem right now. Ill check the oil tomorrow and try the warrenty company first, also the dealer is open tomorrow too hopefully i can get it sort this week :(

Back to the civic this week i think..