07 Accord Starship Enterprise

VTISmichael

New dimmer bulbs to go in at the weekend, ive been watching mightycarmods and its got me thinking about the subaru legacy gtb again, ive always wanted a scooby & i nearly bought a gtb years ago but bought my old s14 instead but they are one of the few scoobies that get raped as they are all import mmm twin turbo...

20151027_134609.jpg

Went to see a Scoobura legecy GTB today, from the pics its looks super clean (being an import 2010) and very tidy inside, first look was gd but when i lifted the bonnet the latch came off in my hand no biggy, looking thru the last 3 mot's, all had failed with issues and at some point the rear passenger wheel had been smacked as the 2nd to last mot noted that the EML, abs lights were on and the wheel was damaged, was also mentioned on the current mot about outside wheel being damaged so the wheel hasnt been sorted, anyway it ran well, the clocks were still in kmh on 135k (83k), 1 headlight was so yellow it shouldnt of passed the mot, it was mentioned in the notes. I said it needs fuel, so i had to put some in!! only a fiver tho! the steering was heavy and it sputtered when i floored it. Oh at the garage when i started it up u could hear the starter gear & flywheel meshing, tried starting it twice more never a gd sign! Decided to walk away as the accord is better and worth more!

post-3707-0-95883700-1446316628_thumb.jp

post-3707-0-75619500-1446316632_thumb.jp

post-3707-0-57728800-1446316635_thumb.jp

Had a go at repairing the auto rain sensor yesterday, it was only working when u pushed it against the screen so the glue was knackered, first remove the plastic cover it just unclips on the sides but does put up a fight. Remove the plug and slowly pull back the sensor off the screen, the plastic plate unclips and you can remove the gel like glue from it, i used my thumbs to push the glue forward into a blob & used a spirit to clean off the rest. Now i used my finger to apply a line of clear silcone around the plastic plate edge but not completely covering it as i was unsure if the sealant was going to be clear enough. Taped it up and left it for 2 hours, when reattaching the sensor the plate, it started coming away and i gently pulled it and it came off. SO i need to use strong sealant!

Hope this can be found one day and be useful to other wanting to repair this sensor :D

2015-11-02%2011.38.50.jpg2015-11-02%2011.38.56.jpg2015-11-02%2011.39.14.jpg2015-11-02%2011.39.28.jpg2015-11-02%2012.11.57.jpg

Well it proby didnt have a hard life it got here and some mugs treated it like dirt. Been looking at import sites, so much more expensive from what i remember but some really nice nissans & scoobies coming onto the auctions.

Ive not heard of tiger seal but i think what i need is a super hold clear silcone sealant, i know a tube will be around 6-7 for gd stuff but i only need a squirt! :P

Which import sites are you look at dude?

From what I've read, just getting a car shipped over and made road legal here and the necessary conversions done costs about £3000.