Bigger Radiator?

Hondamad1988

Going to rip out the air con on the mb6, the radiator still works but is looking a bit worn on the fins.

Thinking of getting a full size rad that goes alls the way across the front grill.

Anyone fitted a full size rad? Any fitment issues? What model of Honda rad did you fit?

Once you whip the air con out you'll get much more air into the engine bay and will be cooler than before.

My worry would be that a bigger radiator plus all the extra water will weigh more, and you'll lose some of the benefit of taking out the aircon on the first place (assuming that's why you're doing it).

• 3 weeks later...

Too much cooling unless ur going mental on tuning the engine and tracking it isnt worth the exspence as you wont benefit from it

I have a Tegiwa stock sized rad and i never have overheating issues even when pushed hard, which in my case means up to 9 hard laps on a 3km course driven to the limit. B18C4 with minor mods.

But then again if you're going after the looks, why not 8-) ! A wide shiny rad in any bay do look nice... and makes it look a lot faster than it actually is! I don't need a rad for that though, my obscenely loud Magnaflow backbox takes care of that... :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Fairpoints, I think I'm just used to my old crxs and boxy civics having full size rads, but after your comments I've also thought a full size rad only increases the surface area which will get weathered and stone chipped. Will stick to standard, remove air con and maybe move rad to aircon side to allow better cold air flow to air filter

Fairpoints, I think I'm just used to my old crxs and boxy civics having full size rads, but after your comments I've also thought a full size rad only increases the surface area which will get weathered and stone chipped. Will stick to standard, remove air con and maybe move rad to aircon side to allow better cold air flow to air filter

Must admit I've thought about doing this... It seems a shame for all of that cool fresh air to be keeping the wrong side of the engine bay cool :)

• Like 1

To be honest it only came to me last night while writing that post, I can't see it being too difficult, the brackets should swap over, not sure if there's a hole for bottom bracket on the other side? Sourcing new pipes and extending the fan wiring will be the hardest parts, those pipes would want to stay away from the manifold!