Wet passenger front footwell

hertsguy

Question

Good evening all,

I have had my Aero deck about a month now and noticed the other day the front passanger footwell was damp, since we have had more rain it has got progressivley worse......

is there a common leaking point on this model?

Thanks guys and girls

9 answers to this question

Thanks for the advice, Ive checked the sun roof gullies and they clear the water out very quickly.

As for the rest i havent had a look yet, the windscreen looks original, will check the rest out tomorrow,

The rear passanger side footwell is also wet but unsure if thats just leaked from front to back

Thanks for the advice, Ive checked the sun roof gullies and they clear the water out very quickly.

As for the rest i havent had a look yet, the windscreen looks original, will check the rest out tomorrow,

The rear passanger side footwell is also wet but unsure if thats just leaked from front to back

Possibly, track down the leak in the front first, get the car dried out (dehumidifier?) and see if the rear becomes wet again.

Hi There Mate

I had the same problem. Its the windscreen seal around the A pillers. I had to cut to square in the carpet pulled out all the underlay dried out the carpet got some new underlay and glued it back once dried out. I replaced my seals solved the problem. You can still get them.

Any problems drop me a line. Hope that helps.

Regards

Chris

Check the drain under the scuttle panel.

This was blocked for me and caused water to overflow into the heater vent and be blown by the blower motor. It can also drip out onto the carpet.

An easy way to check is to reach under the glovebox, unclip the pollen filter cover and squeeze a finger in . Should be bone dry. In my case, the filter was wet.

• Like 2