Progress so far Karen's mb2

Kazgti

Detango before & after

got these yesterday & pair of tweeters that fit by door mirrors total of £30. One of headlights on car has broken bracket so bodged with wire at the moment. Took ages to get through the sticky stuff, might do the other one later, used toothpaste, T-cut and Brasso on lenses but Autosol worked best. Brought back memories of having chrome bumpers!  Got the other two Fox wheels fitted today - thankfully none of that set were buckled. 

Found a guy in Ilford Essex that breaks just Hondas from his home, right little treasure trove. That's where I sourced the lights & tweeters. He was impressed with back of the car - no rust, at least it has a good rear end lol. Got some bolts to try sort front bumper for now, little bit skint til payday.

Couldn't get door latch to budge when tried to take off door card earlier. Unscrewed it pushed it to one side but it would not come off. Is there some trick I'm missing?

Started day with a little snow now we have rain so messing around with the car will have to wait til after I've done my next 4x12hr shifts.

image.jpeg

Well, you know the 'how to' says gently pull the chrome thing out coz it's delicate? It's delicate lol. I snapped it so I decided I'd best leave them alone lol 

Did consider giving them coat of gunmetal

I used on the wheel - maybe on my next 4 days off I'll try be more gentle on the other one, see if it looks any good :) 

• Like 2

Looking good Karen! Yeah, getting the glue/seal off them lights is a mare, got a set sitting in my garage I've been meaning to do for ages! Re the door, is it the plastic surround around the door handle? should be just a case of undoing the small screw behind the handle then sliding it forward (or back, been a long time since I took a door card off!) then it should come off easy.

Ok thx Dave probably too gentle with the handle then :)

As for the parking, you have to line up with whoever gets there first, I wasn't first.  :P Those lines are about 4ft wide if that, think someone painted them in middle of the night whilst drunk :) 

Off for four days from Thursday (I drive mini bus and park cars ;) ) so I'll have another go then. 

• Like 2

Finally have a few days off, so set about the lights again. First did black but I didn't like that too much - now they're gunmetal same as the wheels, I think it might suit silver car better, although I do like the black on dark cars.

Tomorrow I may do the tweeters and if I can get the door cards off this time, need to find out & cure why windows are slow.

image.jpeg

Tweeters in, window runners oiled 

(siliconed). Why do simple jobs always end up taking longer than complicated ones? One headlight had enough sticky stuff to sink battleship, and today drivers door inner handle fell off because plastic thing wasn't behind it holding it to the rod. What would I do without cable ties? ;) 

I bet when I finally get round to doing headlights and take bumper off it ends up having to be reattached with duct tape :D 

image.jpeg

• Like 1