Progress so far Karen's mb2

Kazgti

Today I've taken arch liners out of front wings, the rubber strips from the rear arches - jet washed the car thoroughly, took the liners did them too and drenched myself :)

Got the front grill off and in process of meshing it. I bought a waste paper bin from The Range @ £3.99 and destroyed it for the mesh, sprayed it black after cutting it to size and the surround in gunmetal to match inside of lights and wheels. 

Put a few layers of lacquer on headlights 

as they were not great. Osram Nightbreaker bulbs and LED sidelight bulbs to go in. 

Then followed by couple of bottles of Sticky Toffee Pudding Ale :D 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Grill finished, grand total £3.99 plus some paint I already had :)

Hardest part was hacksawing the plastic grill, mesh was easy enough with scissors and dog nail clippers :) 

image.jpeg

Grill looks sweet Karen, nice job! That's gonna really change the look of the front, looking forward to seeing it fitted. RE the rear arch rubbers, I'd put them back on. Contrerary to urban myths, they do actually save the rear arch lips from stone damage etc, and as long as kept clean will really preserve the arches. ;-)

• Like 1

Thanks Dave. I kept them so can clean them up and put back. Bought new dremel like toy today and had another go at the grill. I then spent over 2 hrs taking front bumper, metal thing and headlights out. Got new bulbs in and led sidelights. 

Bumper looks bit straighter but bonnet still doesn't sit right. Wondering if lowering the catch would help.

The waste paper bin provided enough mesh for two grills so I've kept the 

remainder. I love a bargain ;) 

Think a lip/splitter in gunmetal is next on list :) 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Lol love technology ;)

They're only 15" but seem to sit wide.  Got them via eBay Fox Lionharts £60.

Ordered clear side indicators but wrong ones turned up, so exchanging for black crystal as they only had those in stock to fit, think they'll look ok. LED front indicator bulbs on the way, square front no. plate and adjustable bracket. 

Think I've become teenager again :D 

• Like 1