cold air feed. where???

mokus

Question

Hi.

I have an itr airbox. I just cant figure it out, where to put the cold air feed tube. It should be faced front. options that i know not accepted... i dont wanna cut the bumper, i dont wanna sacrefice fog lamps... tumpet faced to the ground at bottom of the bumper, in 45° is too low spot...

Any ideas? :\

9 answers to this question

the problem with mugen box style its soaking fresh air, but not "forced". I think a good cold air feed means that trumpet is faced to front. to force fresh air into the tube. i mean, i think its a better way to help the vacuum.

thats why ppl cut the bumper. change fogs to trumpet, craft an intake headlight to drag.

Yeah, it's a tricky place to route an airfeed from due to the fogs/radiator/aircon rad being there mate. Not sure if there's some way of routing it down from there then once past the fogs route it back up to where it comes into the bay normally? Maybe use a large diameter pipe in behind the bumper in that bit you've circled (to catch max air), then scale it down a bit to pass under the fogs and then scale it back up to normal size after that?

If the engine want's air give it air. a hole it will be its the only way. Tenzo do a long air intake that the pipe goes to the lowest part or the inner wing .

So you can cut the hole to the left of the fog light near the bottom of the bumper. 

I could make a fiberglass tube for the perfect size, if there is any space under the fogs. qould make it oval shape under the fog, to keep the diameter.

would someone post a pic without bumper, or say its possible or not. i dont know when i gonna see my car next time :\

intake.jpg