philgor

EU referendum   

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which way are you voting?

• Leave the EU
    • Remain in the EU
    • Undecided
    • Not voting

Ok, so we're 10 days away from the vote on whether we stay in the EU or leave. 

I'm not prying but I'm more interested in (what is quite a broad selection of people, locations and jobs) which way your gonna vote. 

• Like 1

I'll be voting out, far too much legislation getting in the way for my liking! Took far too long to get the completely unnecessary drivers CPC done which is entirely because of the EU.

Be interesting to get a constructive debate going on here.

• Like 2

I'm ignorant when it comes to the vote. Listening to all these debates on tv just confuse me even more. All full of promises and then when it happens they dont follow through. I'm not voting (whether this is right or wrong)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sarahfr said:

I'm ignorant when it comes to the vote. Listening to all these debates on tv just confuse me even more. All full of promises and then when it happens they dont follow through. I'm not voting (whether this is right or wrong)

I suppose if there's nothing you can relate to I can understand that.

To me there will be a few categories of people showing an interest and maybe at a push will even vote. Those who think it's purely about immigration, those who are afraid of change and those without a clue but think the world will smell less like roses going it alone. 

Listening to the students on the TV argue to remain make me laugh, how little they know about the world from within their bubble of discounted nights out, dissertations they haven't started yet and masses of debt we that work are funding.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, UnicyclingTom said:

I'm out.

Looking at all the people who are on the in side, I've never believed a word any one of them has said.

Borris might be a the only politician I actually like! 

The history of the EU is interesting, we were late to the party, and have been suffering at the hands their unelected leaders ever since.

It's like the EU is a new vail over old skool communism!

Not to mention that the UK was being begged to join but had no intention of joining until the French told us that we weren't allowed. Then in some silly plot to prove them wrong we bent over backwards to get in! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, UnicyclingTom said:

Raped by the EU Club on the way in!

Hopefully on the way out we will be the rapists!  :lol:

I would say so! The EU rely on us being a major importer, so if they decide to be d1cks and slap charges on what we import we can just go elsewhere and they'll lose out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that was an unexpected result. I honestly expected us to vote remain, by a small margin. 

But this result is only the start of something big... Scotland, London and Northern Ireland all voted to remain in the EU. And now there's talks of another independence referendum for the Scots, and now London and Northern Ireland aswell! 

As for that smug pig snagging conservative arse, who we call our prime minister. Well there's well and truly egg on his face, along with a P45....

(as you can tell, I don't like him)

• Like 1

Scary but interesting times ahead. Personally I wanted us to leave the EU but to remain as part of the uk. But now that tit Nicola sturgen that runs things up here wants another referendum for Scotland to be independent again. What an idiot! As the UK we can be a strong country to deal with again without the eu.......as Scotland on its own, it would be stupid and would be a massive fail to trade as an independent, very small country on our own. So she wants us to separate from the rest of the UK and then rejoin the EU so we as the smallest country will get well and truly butt fucked by Brussels! Unless Scotland (and Wales for that matter) stay united with England and be part of the UK, we're all effectively going to go into self destruct and those arsehole EU MPs will be laughing they're socks off at us! Time to unite and stand tall!

Oh, and I made this post from the EU (Corfu)! Lol we were here when the vote came through! Interesting hearing the locals here discussing it!

• Like 1

Must admit that I was for remain.. Thought that it was too much of a risk really and don't think that it will necessarily be a change for the better.  BUT, it's happened now, and there will definitely be opportunities to make things better, I just hope that the idiots in charge don't screw up the chance.

Funny thing is, there's a good chance that this is a big wake up call to Europe, and they end up changing their ways.. But would have never happened if we had not left. :)

• Like 3