kalvtec

Can anyone tell me where i can go for a simple d16 swap as an upgrade to my gutless 1.4 and how much this simple swap would cost?

I know the d16 as standard isnt anything magical either but im not looking for mega bhp at the moment just want to improve the overall drive and bit more grunt... but do have a plan to d16 turbo when ever possible with circumtances.

Ive already contacted LF honda and although he replied a few times regarding d16 turbo and my budget, i didnt get the simple answer i want as above first sentence...either he is busy or not interested..

Im in west midlands dont mind travelling a bit and would like a drive in drive out service for a tidy swap with a healthy engine..

Sorry if this is boring but i appreciate any input...

12 hours ago, kalvtec said:

Brilliant thanks for that

And tell Rich and Danny (the owners) your from Civic5. They are one of our traders here and Rich is a good mate and used to be a moderator in the forum too. He had the first turbo mb6 in the club. Dynodaze should be able to look after your needs bud.

• Like 1

I popped in today for a small chat and they booked me in for tuesday to look at the handbrake issue ive got plus i requested an inspection on any potential rust underneath.

They took a deposit off me, first time ive come across that lol not saying its wrong i just didnt expect that.

I guess its to deter people from booking in then not turning up is that right?

Anyway the chat about the D16 swap confused me even more, rich certainly knows what he's talking about....but where LF honda guy quoted me 1500 for a D16 turbo conversion, dynodaze reckon the same price for a standard D16 in and out swap...

Think i need more time to decide on this...:-|

Oh and yeh i did tell them they were recomended to me on this forum...

• Like 1

I've heard good things about LF honda but I'm sure he's got loads on and gets loads of messages regarding swaps and boosting cars. 

I can kinda talk from my own experience in the sense that I've boosted my own car. Its alot of doing it yourself for the first time, would I do it again? I really dont know. You do save alot but it's time and then working any potential issues out ect..

I'm getting old and messing with cars is starting to be less enjoyable for me now. 

• Like 1

I'm the same mate, used to do my own work on the cars (although never done a turbo conversion) but getting older it's a pain in the ass. Not from the point that I don't enjoy working on them, it's the effort required is so much more than before, and the pain endured during and after working on the car is a big downer. I've got mild atheritis in my hands nbow so that buggers me up, plus there's only so much I'm allowed to do since the heart attack. Really pee's me off because cars are my one thing.......always have been. Worked on DD today all day, removing lots of trim/headlinging to fit all the wiring for the front and rear dash cams. Fingers are really sore, especially under my fingernails for some reason! Oh the joys! lol blush.gif1blush.gif1