creaking front wheel

dr_broon

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i rang unipart but they had 3 different ones, and i didnt have the part number at the time. The guy there said it would be around £200. Going to have a search around tomorrow and see what i can find.

perhaps time for upgrade to intergra :idea:

i rang unipart but they had 3 different ones, and i didnt have the part number at the time. The guy there said it would be around £200. Going to have a search around tomorrow and see what i can find.

perhaps time for upgrade to intergra :idea:

Apart from the rack is there anything else you need to swap though?

just in case... before you get your rack swapped, jack it up and spray the bushes and joints with silicon lube... mine had stopped until last week when I jet washed it... and it started sounding like yours... I sprayed mine today and it's loads better.. I'm gonna get it checked again, but I'm suspecting it's nackered bushes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

had the same problem, the grease inside the ball joints dries up, easiest and quickest solution is to make a small hole in the boot and spray in some WD40 (Or similar) drive it about and it shall stop, if it still persists spray some more in or just buy a new joint. Usually the bottom ball joints that creak

I sorted mine out mate..

Mine started happeneing after I lowered it, turned out to be top mounts.

All I did to sort it,

1: Jack up car

2: Loosen top mount bolts (don't take nuts off, just loosen ALL the way so the nuts are very loose!)

3: Put car back on floor

4: Take a VERY slow ride round the block!

5: Tighten top mounts again!

Seems the problem was down to the top mounts being in a certain position for so long, the rubber gets harder in places where the pressure was. So when you lower it, the rubber isn't as soft as it should be and struggels to settle in. When you ride it around without top mounts secured, it lets the rubber get "comfortable" then you tighten it up to seal the deal!

Worked for me mate, may work for you too! Might go away in the winter as everything contracts in the cold, so will expand again in the warmer weather!

honda talk s**te, theres nothing in a rack that would cause a creak under compression of the suspension...i have had this creak on 7 out 0f the 11 hondas iv owned in the past 3 years and EVERY TIME its been the lower ball joints ... on 4 out of these 7 times honda have told me its the steering rack .do not lube them/grease them when they start to creak as once they creak the damage is already done, the noise you are hearing is the ball rubbing metal to metal on the socket of the joint and in no time at all you will find the consequenses of ignoring this is the same as uk civic had as i found out when i wrote off my ek4 SiR due to the ball joint separating and sending me into the path of a lorry at 45mph

fit 2 lower ball joints and i garuntee you now that the noise WILL go and WILL NOT come back till the joint wears out again

Archived