MGZS180 Suspension fitted-Perhaps things are looking up !

stoatman

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha ha , the wheels are on the car and I think they look pretty sweet. Pics to follow tomorrow as I want to take some in a nicer location than just my drive !!.

SO here they are , pictures taken this morning on the work. Looked a bit of a nutter in a country road layby taking photos but I was as quick as possible !.

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

One small hurdle is that the rear centre caps do not fit as the bearing dust cover gets the way of the depth required to clip it in. Bit of a head scratcher that one.

Ha , ha. A couple of car nuts at work have been suggesting lowering it. I'm not sure yet but am coming round to the idea.

I have found the reason why my centre caps dont fit , cos they are the wrong ones !!. Looks like the guy who sold me the wheels didn't fancy paying the large amount of cash for authentic ones so originally just painted mb6 ones white and painted inside the H with red. Also bodging a way to make them flush. DOH!. Looking on ebay they are going for £100 for 4 !. Plan B required I think.

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to sort out the centre caps problem. I bought a set of 69 mm ones of ebay and sprayed them up in a gunmetal , similar to the grill. Due to them being slightly shallower, they fitted depth wise and I just secured with some VHB tape. Seems to be ok so far, I will look around and try to pick up an authentic set that doesnt cost over 80 quid !.

Anyways , the roof rails were annoying me slightly as every product I tried did not get them black enough for more than about 5 mins. So , I thought the best way would be to spray them.

Off they come :

IMG_0461.jpg

In progress :

IMG_0463.jpg

Nearly there :

IMG_0462.jpg

In addition to looking better I have also traced a very annoying rattling/tapping noise to the weather strips in the little channel. -Worth looking into this if you have a tapping noise above ears, as mine is doing it both sides-. Drove to work this morning with no strips or rails and no noise whatsoever. So I have applied little strips of VHB tape on the underneath of each strip on teh sides so it is now stuck to the sides of the channel, but does not interfere with drainage or anything. Fingers crossed !.

Archived