MGZS180 Suspension fitted-Perhaps things are looking up !

stoatman

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers , I just used a bumper/platic paint. It drys quick and gives a good solid finish, Few coats with a light sand in between. Did not lacquer but dont know if this would be a good idea or not.

So today I picked up smoe new genuine Honda bits. As picture below I have :

A new genuine exhaust manifold gasket

A new back Box exhaust finisher .... VERY EXCITED about this !!.

6 new clips to attach side skirts in case I break any taking said skirts off

2 locking nuts to attach new integra manifold.

IMG_0480.jpg

Before :

IMG_0481.jpg

After !! :

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

How could such a little piece of chromed metal make a man so happy , and it was a bargain for the change it has made. !

• 3 weeks later...

SO I finally got round to taking the other rail off and spraying that up , looks alot better now they are both black. In addition have fitted the new Aerodeck and Honda badges. In the pic is also the finisher which also looks cool and is now bolted on.

Next steps are to pick up the recaro rails of Aki tomorrow and then get some accord tpe R seats from somewhere !.

Fit new civic badge (just because I have it already) , take sideskirts off and spray with same paint as the rails. Also want to get alot of brake parts replaced and a couple of newer bits for the engine as outlined in a previous post.

Any feedback welcomed.

IMG_0534.jpg

In hindsight you cant really see the badges , ill take a better pic tomorrow.

Cheers.

Removed , painted and refitted one of my side skirts today. Again just went for black to keep the standard look.

Was very surprised how easy they were to take off . I was also surprised how much hidden soil and mud can be under them !!. Must be about a half a kilo if I weighed it !. At one point the mud was a compact solid mass just at the front , grim stuff.

Surprisingly, with a bit of a clean the body came up as new under there , very happy with that. Sprayed the side skirt and replaced it , breaking no clips in the process !. Its a massive improvement now just to do the other side .

Pictures :

Mud :

IMG_0538.jpg

Rail off :

IMG_0539.jpg

Cleaned :

IMG_0540.jpg

Replaced :

IMG_0545.jpg

Other Side as comparison :

IMG_0546.jpg

Better roof rail shot :

IMG_0543.jpg

badges :

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

Cheers

I realise in hindsight im not actually modding this car but almost restoring it (apart from alloys) must be pretty boring to some. Maybe some more exciting mods in the future , especially the seats !!!.

Archived