MGZS180 Suspension fitted-Perhaps things are looking up !

stoatman

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
looking good.! another tidy aerodeck. i get the impression people dont abuse these as much as the hatchs.

x2 another nice deck

I have just taken my bars off too,was going to paint mine cos like you was annoyed at the off colour they now are.but after taking them off have now decided that I like it without so going to leave them off.

THanks for the repiles , its back on now painted and with no tapping/rattling so far. Just the other side to do.

When you took the rails off how have you plugged the gaps ?.

Cheers

Chris

When I do the other side i'll post a few pics of it coming off. Its pretty easy really just need a Torx bit and your away. Oh and dont just pull the end slider pieces, there is a plastic spring clip that needs to be depressed through a small round hole on the inner side.

they where not on mine and whats really needed is a spigot and spacer together but no one does them so big expense but safer

but as said thats on track and make sure you remove paint from the back face and the mating face for the wheel nuts back to bare metal :ugeek::ugeek:

So whats the plan with the spigot ring compensation +3mm:?

does it need modifiction or will it meet the hub enuff to suport wheel as its supose to do?

i do like the rails on the deck, dont look so nice without ;)

i will check for that f****n rattle Again in that area :)

looked for Bsting arial thing F****k it !! just chopped mine in half , works great still, :)twoz just tooo long.£0 :lol:

wheels look good mate!!as do rails and the car mate.

And hi all you mc2 owners leather s2000 ,£500 pair :evil: or not!!! :lol:

great stuff,chaps, I just luv em. 1"£££$££"!!

SO , I have taken the wheels off to fit new wheel nuts and more suitable spacers - specific 4 x 114.3 ones , not universal - and the wheel is the same diameter as the hub so no spigot ring needed. Thats a bit of a relief.

Regarding the roof rails I have a couple of pics. One side with the end slider pieces painted against the un-painted rail part. You can see the rail part is going a bit grey.

IMG_0464.jpg

Also I have a pic of the other side 100% done.

IMG_0465.jpg

Now to do the other side and do the same for the side skirt bits.

Next on the horizon is to fit a VHT powder coated integra manifold and downpipe, see where that takes me. Two refurbished rear calipers , braided hoses and new brake pipes (for MOT - BAH)

Archived