MGZS180 Suspension fitted-Perhaps things are looking up !

stoatman

Well I got my DC2 alloys back from the powder coaters today. I bought them white and although that is a pretty iconic colour it did not really go with my titan silver aerodeck. (I thought about it for a while and then was persuaded against it). Anyway , I sprayed my grill in a gunmetal silver and therefore tried to match it with them best I could.

I am happy with the finish and should hold up much better than a paint job. Luckily there was no scratch marks or curb damage so no refurbishment was needed to the structure. Now to get them fitted !!.

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the reply , I have spacers for the front two as they do not clear the calipers. I will have a look into the spigot rings . However as they are DC2 fitment I assumed the spigot diamters would be the same. Is this not the case

they where not on mine and whats really needed is a spigot and spacer together but no one does them so big expense but safer

but as said thats on track and make sure you remove paint from the back face and the mating face for the wheel nuts back to bare metal :ugeek::ugeek:

I should be getting them on the car tomorrow. I went to a local place i could trust not to damage them and not to automatically put the balancing weights on the outside rim ! . They told me to wait a week or so till the powder coating hardens and fully cures. Although I know this to be untrue as the coating is cured as soon as it comes out of the oven I went along with them. :-)

Archived