MC2 Project - Chassis prep

DeLaSoul

Another roll cage update. They re checked my seat/pedal box positions ready to weld in the rails and mount the pedal box. So close now [smitten.gif]

Pedal box

IMG_20130124_171525.jpg

Corner triangulation, cage goes through the bulkhead to the front shock towers

IMG_20130124_170422.jpg

Seat in the car, comfortable once your in :lol:

IMG_20130124_173620.jpg

IMG_20130124_170352.jpg

IMG_20130124_170404.jpg

They have still got the drivers hoop x braces to go in and the cross bar/steering column pick up to do then they can finally weld everything in and tie the chassis back to the cage. Must admit it wasn't the easiest task getting in and out but having the roof bars helped ;)

Looks epic!

Please say you are keeping the roof rails 8-)

He needs them to get in and out :D

As it is fully caged you could probably loose the SIPS bars, shouldn't make the doors too floppy. Cage and pedal box is looking excellent btw. Has it been TIG welded?- I know nothing about welding unfortunately but those joints look pretty amazing to me.

I would go for Gunmetal (my dash is Rover gunmetal metallic- actually a nice colour). You need to be careful about Champ, although it might be fun to rub the 'others' up the wrong way. As it will be obvious it was never a type-R (due to being a bit J-lo around the back ;) ) it might look a bit odd, like red badging an M. Obviously it has the credentials now (and would look good in white) but some quarters that don't rate M's might take it as a bit of a wannabe rather than a serious track car, which would be a shame.

Looks epic!

Please say you are keeping the roof rails 8-)

+1 8-)

...x3

cage looks awesome, pedal box looks like it might take a while gettin used to... liking the thread updates keep them coming.

I agree with Matt on the Champ White, one of the best looking colours on the decks i've seen was someone at the ring in a Pirates Black with dark grey dc2 wheels, but i think the whole body shape and vti's kit sticks out better in silver.

Dave, are you going to be gettin the underbody boarded up for the aerodynamics, i think that would be a sweet addition to the project, rear diffuser would look hot, and also serve a purpose - increase emm.... stability :roll:

:D:D

^^^^^Has it been TIG welded?-^^^^^^

Think its mig by the heat Penetration drag.gif1

>>underbody boarded up for the aerodynamics thinking about that aswell as well as rear diffuser

was one on another forum made of carbon :geek: