Freak wagon build

FREAKBOY

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Just a little update. I've been driving the car for a couple of weeks and all the mechanical issues are sorted. So I took it off the road again to have a go at the ECU. Well thats where things get stupidly messed up.

I have only 2 injector wires at the ECU plug when I need 4.

It has 2 wires going to it from the IACV when I only need 1

The TDC sensor has 1 wire at the ECU when I need 2.

This is a nightmare to figure out.

Even the dizzy is different to other Civics being a Lucas item (not Tec) and only has a TDC in it which works using a light pulse converted to a signal whereas other Civics have a magnetic type. As far as I can gather they were only put into D14A7, D14A8 and D16B2

So as this car hasn't been done before i'm left guessing as to what to do. This is what i've come up with so far.

Re-wired the negative side of all the injectors straight to the correct terminals on the new ECU.

Re-pinned the PG1 and PG2 wires to correct positions.

Removed the orange IACV wire completely

I'm stuck now with the TDC wiring, there is just 1 wire at ECU and it's green, which is also different, I don't know if it's pos or neg. There are 2 wires coming from the TDC on the dizzy side but I don't know where they go or what they are. One is orange/blue (pin3 on dizzy plug) and the other is yellow/black (pin2 on dizzy plug).

Would welcome suggestions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Well it been a while since the last update. Well one day in the snow of 2010/2011 I decided to take the roof bars off. I like the look and glad I did it. I've gone up to 205x50 rubber too and that was a good move so far, it grips well. After months of chasing the dreaded sump leaks I removed the oil cooler & filter re-locator as a trial and can't see any major temp difference so I didn't need that. There's still a bit to do but it's just a tidy up job. I've had this thing for over 6 years now and still enjoy looking at it and driving it. I've moved house twice since starting the project & that has made things more difficult, plus I'm now a grandad, so it aint been easy, especially as nobody has ever done it before to one of these. This one truly is one of a kind though. They said it can't be done to the auto, HAHA see you at the finish line!

Here's a pic I took today.

IMG062.jpg

Oh and I got my mitts on a super rare rear spoiler, on & painted. Pic was taken before the roof bars came off.

IMG055.jpg

Good read! Hopefully you're not far off completion?

Been a long time coming! Stealth Deck FTW!

Yep sure has. It was worth it to me though, mainly because i'm stubborn but it is now satisfying to say i've got the only one in the world. All the mechanical issues have been sorted and the electrics are good (but untidy in the bay) with no CELs, gear changes are good even on boost at WOT, surprising lack of torque-steer which is nice. It just needs a better tune now and to get rid of a small boost leak but at least i'm driving it every day just as i should. It's still really well behaved on the road and only bares it's teeth past 3000rpm

oh and I could do with some better anchors! The road runs out a bit sooner than it used to. Not sure if I could fit the VTI set on.

& thanks all for the comments. I'll try to get a vid up soon. WACK11111