• 6 months later...

Wee update..........she now has her bonnet in blue at long last! 8-)

[attachment=2]MA8 (aka Betty) (5).jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]MA8 (aka Betty) (3).jpg[/attachment]

and finally, Betty, Ruby and if you look closely, Dawns Aerodeck Family Photo lol[attachment=0]MA8 (aka Betty) (2).jpg[/attachment]

Thanks Dave! She's looking good now, really chuffed with the finish on the bonnet. Meant to add she's also wearing her original alloys now. Drove her today to the MOT station, and she's driving perfectly. Sadly, this projects come to an end now as shes for sale now :( Someones gonna get a cracking MA8

I was a bit nervous of the mot, thought she would fail as she'd been laid up for almost a year. The rear brakes were locking up as i mentioned on msgr, so though they would fail. Took her for a wee run before the mot, and it freed everything up nicely. Got the call saying she'd failed............2 windscreen wipers and the centre brake light bulb! Was like yaaaas!!! Bught new set of blades, replaced the bulb and now she has her MOT. So happy man! And she's just proved herself agian to be such a credit to us, she'd never ever failed an mot since she was new, and that one was just trivial stuff! The mot guy even commented how good condition she was in, and he was amazed that she was as good as that considering being sat parked up for so long. He also said that the Civic M's were one of the best cars Honda built, as they rarely go wrong!

We're calling dentmaster tomorrow, see how much it would cost to fix the dent in the bonnet. If it's not too much, just gonna get it done, as she deserves it! The bonnet looks really good mate, well happy with the finish I got! I'm kinda paying the price though, still bloody smelling the paint fumes even now! :lol:

• Dave pinned this topic
  • Dave unpinned this topic