Hickster's MB9 Aerodeck-

hickster

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Been a bit slack on updating this thread- here's a whats been goimg on!

Passed mot with advisories on the TAB's and my newly discovered cracked manifold :roll: . Think I posted about it elsewhere- in the end we left the original on as it's not leaking that much. My ebay special I am going to keep in reserve until it cracks completly.

Bike carrying duties now resolved via an Elite San Remo. Expensive for 4 lumps of alloy and some stainless bolts but it works a treat. Probably shouldn't have fixed the sunroof though! I had a Saris 3 bike rear carrier on the MA8 but didn't really trust it fully loaded and light boards etc are a bit of a pain.

100_3811.jpg

New front bumper bar and bracket are on the car courtesy of Moe 1"£££$££"!! . New front bumper is in the workshop waiting for the paint to harden- standby for paint job updates :twisted:

100_3815.jpg

Finally re-cabled for the stupid euro terminals on the Bosch s4 WACK11111 . Don't worry that tie bar is on my list.

100_3814.jpg

Recently I have been on a lightweight mission. So out with all the heavy old tools and toolbox (yes I am one of those people who has to carry tools in the the car at all times!), in with CK magma pouches...

100_3812.jpg

and Fly racing trail T-bar tool. This is designed for MX bikes but is as tough as hell, more than up to emergency jobs on the Civic and scrap yard raids :) . It uses a standard 1/4" drive so you can add extra bits.

100_3658.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

All things car and cycle related have taken a back seat recently while I look after the new mini Hickster! ( or well try to help in a clumbsy daddy style and adapt to sleeping for 2 hours at a tme). The only mod recently has been extra seating provided by Maxi-cosi. I am glad I now have a functioning bumper bar to compliment my 'dad' driving.

What does it look like with a bike up there?

Sorry- not great pictures but they give you an idea. I like having the front wheel locked in the car, much less attractive to oppertunist thieves. I can't find a 20mm axle adaptor at the moment though which is a bit of a pain as it's the Santa Cruz that I want to transport mostly.

100_3821.jpg

100_3824.jpg

As I have mentioned the black and red colour scheme has been giving me some quality old school vibes. I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was until digging through http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/ for the inspirational Jap car thread. What was rattling around the ramshackle recesses of my brain was the old DR30 paint job.

more-DR30-041.jpg

I have given up trying to colour match a car that is more shades of red than a Labour party conference and I am seriously considering embracing my inner Barry with a full copy; including factory sohc vtec decals in gold! :o

Bumpers already in place- but considering my ability with paint I think the sides and doors will be done in vinyl.

100_3825.jpg

I need to do something with the grill, I think I will have a go at coding it as black will look a bit wierd. I am attached to my Roverlites now ( and there is no chance of getting Watanabes in 100pcd) so I will eventually get some refurbed in bronze like these-

GX71-Toyota-Cresta1.jpg

Opinions welcome of course. :)

Archived