Hickster's MB9 Aerodeck-

hickster

Purple tiebar awesomeness!

Thanks- you may also enjoy these toe stops :)

100_4055.jpg

Please excuse the dirty floor, been using it for work :oops:

Your Ecodeck is looking well nice mate. I liked your idea of the black and red theme with gold vtec stickers 8-) I agree with you on the D15Z8 engines as you get power and economy (might not be as powerful as the 1.8 vti but the 1.5 isn't slow :D ). On £20 which is 14.94 litres I get around 120-130 miles, and that isn't bad at all. I will be watching this thread :P

i was driving back from binbrook when a 1.6ls vtec aerodeck pulled out on me, and it surprised me how rapid it was. i did keep up with him, also the z4 that was following had somthing to think about, managed to overtake him on a duel carrageway leaving a roundabout, but he was having nothing of it and flew past me followed by a bike who i think was strugging to keep up....

Thanks- body work is put off until the weather improves a bit but will probably try to get every thing back to red. I'm averaging about 120 to 130 at the moment too, though I seem to have a tracking issue at the moment. These cars can be fairly rapid if you can keep it in the right rev range, though not up any hills!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your Ecodeck is looking well nice mate. I liked your idea of the black and red theme with gold vtec stickers 8-) I agree with you on the D15Z8 engines as you get power and economy (might not be as powerful as the 1.8 vti but the 1.5 isn't slow :D ). On £20 which is 14.94 litres I get around 120-130 miles, and that isn't bad at all. I will be watching this thread :P

i was driving back from binbrook when a 1.6ls vtec aerodeck pulled out on me, and it surprised me how rapid it was. i did keep up with him, also the z4 that was following had somthing to think about, managed to overtake him on a duel carrageway leaving a roundabout, but he was having nothing of it and flew past me followed by a bike who i think was strugging to keep up....

Nice! It must be a highly modified 1.6 or a engine conversion to leave a bike standing.. but then like you said, the 1.6 are rapid things. My 1.5 might be only a sohc vtec-economy engine but it doesn't hang about :lol:

Thanks- body work is put off until the weather improves a bit but will probably try to get every thing back to red. I'm averaging about 120 to 130 at the moment too, though I seem to have a tracking issue at the moment. These cars can be fairly rapid if you can keep it in the right rev range, though not up any hills!

I have noticed the my car didn't like hills when I 1st got it, but since I stuck a D series 1.6 gearbox in mine, it seem to have no problems going up hills now. But the only problem is I don't get the eco light showing when cruising at 70mph. This is because its a higher reving gearbox. Oh well... can't have everything ;)

Nice! It must be a highly modified 1.6 or a engine conversion to leave a bike standing.. but then like you said, the 1.6 are rapid things. My 1.5 might be only a sohc vtec-economy engine but it doesn't hang about :lol:

tbh, i think the bike may of only been a 125. but still it surprised me, and it didn't half roll in the bend's though WACK11111

The clutch and break pedals are a direct fit for all Hondas, just remove the rubbers these fit over and bolt at the top. They are a fantastic improvement especially when getting into the car with wet trainers- much safer 8-) . The accelerator is a little pointless apart from the heel-toe tab (which is still a bit far apart to be consistent really) It also seems to fit every Honda except M's :roll: . Easily rectified with a larger backplate or washers- you still wouldn't need to get the drill out- the uppermost of the 3 silver bolts is through the hole already in the pedal.

• 3 weeks later...

Not much going on at the moment due to the weather and new found levels of poverty. Still waiting to get tyres fitted and the tracking sorted so it's not getting used much.

Have managed to chop of my droopy crusty end, new piece of 50.8 OD stainless tube in place. As I can't weld put a 'T' slot in the end and held it onto the stub of the old tube with a Mikalor clip. Still not quite up into the bumper cut-out but looks 100 times better.

100_4120_zps0532e35b.jpg

100_4119_zps059a45e1.jpg

100_4134_zps330e6e57.jpg

Archived