Hickster's MB9 Aerodeck-

hickster

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice write and photos, I need to do my car at some point. I drove my in-laws 1.6 SE Aerodeck before he sold it and dare I say, it was smoother and more comfortable cruise than my Vti ' Deck. Made me think, do I need it as the quiter cruising and greatly improved mpg is very tempting and to be honest driving it normally didnt feel much difference! Unless mines not too healthy?! The fact you're getting close to 50 mpg is fantastic, when rarely do VTi models struggle to beat 30! Something to be said for that definately.

If you do the door bottoms in black, maybe some Gold 'Aerodeck' lettering across them will complete the old school look you're after!? :D

100_4055.jpg

these^ware on my list of thing to do to my old vits and would have matched my shoes :)

how do you fit them Drill or Bolt

:P do like these pedals not for the above reasons though :lol:

did it come with free peas to shoot

Pah! Damn ricers!

The old trim was 3" and I tried a 64mm one as well, I think if I got a stainless system made up I might stay with the diddy pipe. No need for a massive bean tin on a 1.5 civic ;)

Trying to get some enthusiasm for the old 'deck and work out what to do with the bodywork; been messing about on the photobucket editor.

Hopefully get a few things sorted out tomorrow; 5.1 flush the brake system, new oil and filter + maybe track down a few of the rattles and groans. The cooling system has half a tub of K-seal in it now as I couldn't be bothered to pull the heater matrix out :oops: .

cc531653-9740-4aa8-8700-cce4ab96115e_zps711d2189.jpg

100_4136_zps384e3f28.jpg

300624fc-5545-46e0-9769-f9ed6cf5de8e_zps8ce7dffd.jpg

did it come with free peas to shoot

Pah! Damn ricers!

The old trim was 3" and I tried a 64mm one as well, I think if I got a stainless system made up I might stay with the diddy pipe. No need for a massive bean tin on a 1.5 civic ;)

:lol: Glad that was taken in the manner it was written ;):mrgreen:

:lol:

Looks so clean.. The color coded bumper trims finishes it off nicely. Mmm I have a plan :lol:
300624fc-5545-46e0-9769-f9ed6cf5de8e_zps8ce7dffd.jpg

Thanks- as usual thought the pictures hide a lot of issues.

I have been going through a few options recently from rattling the whole car black to getting a proper dark silver/ gunmetal respray. I think the plan for this summer will be just to finish the front bumper and possibly code the side skirts and leave the side rubbing strips as they are and tidy up the rest of the paint to a reasonable standard. I'd rather spend money (if I had any) on mechanical stuff or a weekend car.

Hopefully get a few things sorted out tomorrow; 5.1 flush the brake system, new oil and filter + maybe track down a few of the rattles and groans.

If it wasn't p**sing it down :roll: , anyone on GT5 today?

• 5 months later...

I'm still here! Lack of updates due to an unexpected upturn in the construction industry down south of late.

Despite my best efforts the car is still alive and breezed through the Mot with just a nod to its misty old shocks (the noise of them is now starting to drive me a bit crazy). Still looks like trash but after a 5.1 flush and a regrind of the ill fitting EBC pads it now stops a lot better.

Few small bits done- 'omfg I'm so period correct JDM yo' brace and white rocker cover. Sitting in the garage is a big roll of limo tint and an even bigger box of satin black rattlers! Some of the pics make it look like the car is covered in dirt and scratches- I can assure you that it is in fact covered in dirt and scratches. If any of you detailing fans want a closeup of the wheels I'll take a pic for you!

9362403d-15c5-4b92-a628-c07867c13921_zps100_4270_zps35f5b389.jpg

100_4271_zpsf8ab7364.jpg

100_4272_zpsfb101bd2.jpg

In other news the french POS van has been very sick for the last few weeks so the MB9 has been doing a fair bit of work. If anyone was wondering if you can get a cement mixer in an aerodeck- the answer is yes you can!

100_4262_zps3e766c28.jpg

Archived