My Civic MB2 Project! Discs and pads needed!

fyfie5

was really looking forward to getting a smaller aftermarket wheel and potentially a snap off boss like james's but after reading some mot stuff it seems it is a fail now to not have the airbag installed if the car has one from standard? so annoying :(

was really looking forward to getting a smaller aftermarket wheel and potentially a snap off boss like james's but after reading some mot stuff it seems it is a fail now to not have the airbag installed if the car has one from standard? so annoying :(

not at the moment, so you can remove your airbag, and at the moment it's just a pass and advise if we feel like it, don't listen to "expert mechanics" who know not a lot about anything to do with the mot test...

know the feeling on confusing rule's.

at the moment, if the SRS/airbag light is on, it's pass and advise (if we want to)

aftermrket steering wheel's, as long as it is safe, (not about to fall off, or loose) pass

when these rule's do come in (don't ask when as even vosa don't know as it is the goverment have got to alter the rule's)

SRS/airbag lamp on, fail

airbag missing when standerd, or obvously knackered. fail

so you should be able to have an aftermarket wheel, if it didn't have an airbag from factory....

although this is VOSA were talking about here, so anything could happen....

ah i see so i would be fine for now but that new rules really puts me off from doing it as i would have to either keep taking it off and on for MOT or just take it off and sell it. oh well will focus on some other things i have in mind for now