Wookie's mighty MB2

Wookie.

So here it is the one you've been waiting for :lol::lol: the MB2 8-)

First of all got the centre console with armrest, clear side repeaters and rear anti roll bar from a Rover 416

mb2v.jpg

mb2ii.jpg

mb2viii.jpg

Decided to make a custom grill for the front

mb2vii.jpg

cleaned the engine bay

mb2iv.jpg

Stuck some 100+ multispoke alloys on with some tasty 195/50/15 Eagle F1 GSD3's

mb2iii.jpg

mb2i.jpg

Got front and rear strut braces on which made it a bit sharper, putting the Koni Str.T dampers soon along with the adjustable camber arms. Slowly getting there :D

Looking smooth 8-) , good pics. Are the side repeaters from a Rover also? I've been thinking about getting rid of the orange ones on my Aerodeck but don't know yet where to get clear ones.

Cheers all :D

I had the first real chance to drive it today going to Glasgow and back round the twistier roads :roll: What a difference in handling compared to it stock. Back end is super smooth now with the arb and brace on, front end is a lot more direct again the brace makes a difference although I do think the eagle f1's make a biiiiig difference in the overall feel of the car 8-)8-) Stock springs and dampers are far too soft.

Not much under the bonnet but I'll make sure it goes round a corner properly :mrgreen:

Sounds like a big improvement mate. Those G/Y f1's are amazing like, best grip ive ever seen from a tyre.Where abouts in scotland are you, as theres a silver mb looks like yours in my area now lol :D

• 4 months later...

Bit of a suspension update. been a while coming but got round to it :lol:

Went for the Koni STR.T kit, read a bit on the other thread about them being good if not a bit lower at the front than the rear. Anyhoo took an hour and a half to do with a full front brake change in that time as well 8-):D

Koni's

17022010296.jpg

Rear on

18022010299.jpg

Fronts on

18022010302.jpg

Brake change

18022010301.jpg

New ride height

20022010303.jpg

It does sit a lot lower than it used to but the difference in ride quality and cornering is night and day :shock: Glad I got them just need to get some poly bushes and the whiteline caster kit and it's sorted :D

Archived