mb2 build up..Starter problem!

Raz s

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More great welding work :lol::lol::mrgreen::mrgreen:

You do have lots of rust on that poor M at least somoeone who is gonna fix her (instead of drive into ground untill rust takes over) owns her

One more M kept on the road party.gif1

You do have lots of rust on that poor M at least somoeone who is gonna fix her (instead of drive into ground untill rust takes over) owns her

Cheers matey, Yeh i know more than expected. getting on top of it now though.

I still think for having ago at it yourself, its a brilliant job! How long would you say it has took you per side? If you were to do it all in one go?

Thanks bud! Id say if both the sides were as bad as this and with making your own repair sections aswell, I think i would be able to get it in rough primer in a week. I can imagine that time being halfed though if i were to buy proper repair panels :lol: It takes time doing some old fashioned panel beating lol

x2 great work party.gif1

• 2 weeks later...

Not much of an update due to the weather being turd but i went to u-pull-it in york the other day for some parts for my dads new v40 and had a look over at the honda section and got these out of an mb6 due to my fuel light not working. Ill be soon to join the carbon film gang :lol: as im gonna take them apart and do the part around the dials.

By any chance does any one know of a way id be able to set the milage to my car? there 20k more. It's not a biggie but it would be nice.

DSC_0124.jpg

Small update! got the lip of the rear arch in primer today. it wasn't really rotten so all i did was grind down the surface rust and treat with rust converter, I think that should hold it back for a couple of years or so as it was only slightley pitted. Also seam sealed where the inner and outer arch meet so no more water can get between. Im hoping to have this side finished and in 2k primer in the next week or so.

I have now officially joined the carbon wrap gang :lol: i wrapped the surround in my mb6 cluster and im chuffed, I also fitted an alarm led in the bottom corner for when i come to fit an aftermarket one. I think it looks much better than a hole in the dash.

DSC_0129.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg