Mr Brown's Project MB3- Front End Repair Underway

Mr Brown

LOL i shall be heading north when she is sorted so you will get to see her soon for sure....

As you say Grant Temp state untill couriers sort it out and japfest has passed and Mr Brown has time on his hands to get her sorted...

• Like 1

North? How far north? :D

Nowhere in particular was just suggesting that i shall attend upcoming meets up your way and he will get to see her then..Although i may end up heading up to collect something depending on if the delivery cost matches the fuel, if it does then i shall use the fuel 

Nowhere in particular was just suggesting that i shall attend upcoming meets up your way and he will get to see her then..Although i may end up heading up to collect something depending on if the delivery cost matches the fuel, if it does then i shall use the fuel

Hmmm that's sound intriguing. Not going to let on them :-)

• Like 1

You'll have to let me know when this is happening, could have us a mini meet of sorts! :smile:

You'll have to let me know when this is happening, could have us a mini meet of sorts! :smile:

Wow that would be great a mini meet for Midlands is desperately needed anyways :-)

• Like 1

You'll have to let me know when this is happening, could have us a mini meet of sorts! :-)

Will do man or should i say was going to anyway !!!!!!

Wow that would be great a mini meet for Midlands is desperately needed anyways :-)

we will sort one soon as fest is out the way mate for sure

• Like 1

Some prep has began to repair the front end..

The panels i bought were titan silver so i thought it would be quick but i was wrong, the front bumper is too scruffy for me so i will have to sort that (no pictures yet)

The two wings were disappointing one was rather scratched up and the other got ruined by the courier firm who lost it at first then delivered the next day and when i unwrapped it was very dented all over..

So the scratched up wing i have been working on with the G3 and gave it a polish and im happy (ish) with the results

P5140337_zps33808b2d.jpg

May try again on this scratch might be able to hide it

P5140338_zpsda01ab1f.jpg

This one is a bit deep to hide

P5140339_zpse79ceb50.jpg

Only small but annoying anyway

P5140340_zps96b4c084.jpg

The worst one, look worse than the picture shows

P5140341_zps4af66cf2.jpg

And this one

P5140342_zps7be4a12d.jpg

Still looks okay i guess

P5140343_zps6d537b51.jpg

As i said the drivers side was so dented i have left that to the side for now and have decided to refurb a blue one with no dents but was very scratched..

This is how far i got

P5140344_zps1315436d.jpg

P5140345_zpscec5a532.jpg

Will get some primer on it hopefully tomorrow and see how it looks...

• Like 4

Have you tried the scratch repair kit from paints4u? http://www.paints4u.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=6912

Comes with everything you need, scratch cleaner, some little cotton buds for tiny scratches. Once the paints gone off rub it gently with the 2000 grit until it's flat, use plenty of water. Then use the G3 and then a less aggressive polish and you should hardly see them and still have the shine.