harVTEC's new project - Jordan

harVTEC

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

So it's not a rare occurrence then? One of my mates snapped one on his Del Slow too, but the opposite side. Going to get one ordered up for the other side, I was going to buy both sides at once but wanted to check the quality of them before buying a pair, and I must say, I am most impressed. They look better built than OEM and I'm sure the replacement is thicker!

Yep, it's a very good system, just waiting for my proper Toad proximity sensor to arrive before we set about fitting it. My Dad is in the auto electrician / in car entertainment / locksmith trade so will be done good an proper :D

It's just a wear and tear thing, the problem with the shafts is that they have a rubber ring on them which traps moisture and eventually rots it causing it to snap, you'll notice that the replacement you buy won't have the ring!  

• 4 weeks later...

I saw this in the flesh a couple of weeks ago, unfortunately it's looking a bit sorry for itself at the moment.

Possibly a dropped valve but Harv's using it as an opportunity to turn it into a bit of a monster and perfect the paintwork.  :)

I saw this in the flesh a couple of weeks ago, unfortunately it's looking a bit sorry for itself at the moment.

Possibly a dropped valve but Harv's using it as an opportunity to turn it into a bit of a monster and perfect the paintwork. :)

Ouch! But any excuse eh!? 8-)