CrazzyDawn a great loss

DAVEMB2

:( It is with great sadness that i am posting this, but Dawn passed away this morning. Dawn_zpscae17162.jpg

I am going to start a collection as per the idea of Kyekye for a wreath or something similar, so anybody wishing to contribute can send it to my paypal sarah.potter40@ntlworld.com with your username

Sarah

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Dave. Right now I'm numb, constantly crying and asking why it had to be Dawn. She is the most honest, funny, loving and caring person I've ever met, never done any harm to anyone. The secondary cancer was too far spread, and they said there was nothing they could do for her. We managed to get her out of hospital on Friday (she was meant to be getting out today) and got her home, where she wanted to be. She had wished for snow, and when the ambulance arrived at our house to bring her home, it started snowing when they brought her out. She was smiling ear to ear (first time in weeks as she's been so ill) and was so happy to be home again in her own little house. She slept through Friday due to them giving her some diazapan based drug, but woke up Saturday morning at 3am saying she fancied a cup of tea! I was well pleased, as she hasnt had a hot drink for weeks, and hadn't eaten anything much either.

She then went back to sleep till around 7am, ready for when her nurses arrive. She was in a great mood, and had her speach back again. She was laughing, joking, and generally taking the piss out of us! She had her best friend from Perth there, Her sister and nephew, and me, and was sooo happy. She had a lot of visitors, which seemed to take it's toll on her. By the time they left, she felt really tired and drained. She fell asleep, but spent most of Sat night/Sunday morning awake with constant sickness. Sunday into Monday at around 3am, i went to bed. she awoke whenever I went into the room, and said she felt really sick, and had quite bad pains. She was getting quite distressed, so we called the hub for nurses to attend. They came at around 7am, and administered her anti-sickness drugs and some pain relief. They couldnt give her strong stuff, so were going to call out the doctor. Dawn was having difficulty breathing at this point. She sent me out of the room to fetch a glass of water, and moments later when I came back, her sister, nephew and nurses had her sitting up. She was being violently sick, with lots of black stomache acid projectile vomiting from her. I panicked and tried helping to slap her back along with her nephew to clear it, but there was so much constantly coming out she couldn't get a single breath in. Unfortunately, this is what caused her to pass away.I'll never forget the look of panic and for help in her eyes when I was trying to help her. She didn't deserve to die, and she didn't deserve such a horrible end.

Myself, family and friends are all distraught at the moment. Dawn is my whole life, and I can't see a way forward from this at the moment.

Maybe in time, things may seem different, but for now I'm in a daze.

dave, i really don't know what to say, i really don't know say, as anything i do say probably won't help at the moment, but one thing my sister has just said is "it alway's the good one's that go" and she is so right. right from joining this great forum, i have always' wanted to meet both of you. but i'm sure everybody one here will give you their full support over how ever long it take's, i will be making a donation at the end of the week.

crazzydawn, where ever you are now, keep the vtec going.....

• Dave unpinned this topic