Marko's MB6

marko

Bargain tool kit. :D

I got a couple of new cobra fobs for mine from ebay.

lol the nice guys that fitted my alarm removed the sticker with the serial number on it from the box so im unable to program new fobs to my alarm so th hawk £20 central locking kit is needed as my key wont actually unlock my door :S 

tool kit was a bargain bet that girl got her a*s smacked when they found out what she had done haha

Gr8 job on caliper!! I need to change HB cable on mine but its not an easy task I guess  :???:

in hind sight it would be easy to swap a cable but i couldnt seperate it at the caliper when i didi mine and ended up messing round for ages but it was simple enough to do 

You say in your other thread car cut out. So best pull dizzy apart have a look for red dust in there. Could have bad bearing.

and ignitor if cutting out.

But still its weird the noise. Can you tell what area it comes from? Does it go away if clutch pressed??

yeah i thought gearbox straight away tried clutch out in reversed went forward no change apartfrom when i reved, it didnt cut out thge noise just went and everything was fine as if it never even made that noise then i pulled up and as a test turned the ignition off then fired it up again and the noise returned guessing its gunna be the distributor :/ 

Worth a shot ay. The bearing in the dizzy can wear aswell. So possible a new dizzy is in order.

I fitted that hawk kit in my mb6. Really good kit. Always worked a treat and from about a mile away too!

Worth a shot ay. The bearing in the dizzy can wear aswell. So possible a new dizzy is in order.

I fitted that hawk kit in my mb6. Really good kit. Always worked a treat and from about a mile away too!

yeah im looking to replace it but holiday out of the way first, then all my money can be spent on my car :D so hopefully when i get back off holiday i will have plugs leads a new dizzy/cap and rotor and also a timing belt as i hit 66k not long back and want it done before 70k

• 2 weeks later...

So here's a couple pics of what I've been driving for the past week

null_zpsa6a79bd5.jpg

null_zps37ac905e.jpg

And it's pretty good on juice too! 18mpg so far but that really Dosnt bother me as I put half a tank in this morn (40litres) and the total cost of said petrol was $30 (£20ish) can't believe that American actually complain about the price of fuel!