Marko's MB6

marko

Decided to put up a build thread, about time really now so i copied and pasted from the new members section to here but it dosnt copy the picture urls so that was a waste of time but anyway time to get started.

hey just got my second M after falling in love with my MA8 D14A2, i kicked this cars head in everywhere for a year and a half, myself and the car loved it no matter how much abuse i gave it, it just kept asking for more even dropping gears into 6500 on the country roads it still kept screaming for more, so when the mot came up i put it up for sale and and started looking for an upgrade originally wasnt gunna bother with a honda as the H badge is quite expensive to insure :/

So looked around for good cheap toyota t sport couldnt find one and as a one off got a quote on a 1.8 vti civic came back around the same price as the T sports were. then i found a belter of a vtis for sale full history 75k couple of tasteful mods and only £1200 bargain i thought, so got on the phone to my insurer and what did they say sorry mate looks like we cant even quote you on that car , when i asked why he said due to my age he couldnt quote but thats all the info its giving him, i then asked how old i would have to be because im 25 now and he was as stumped as i was at why they couldnt insure me. even comparison sites were having a laugh £11000 premiums.

so back to the comp it was and eventually found a great vti for sale, 62k the guy reckons it had a fair bit of history but lost it :/ eitherway i looked around the car all seemed great to me couple dints, no rust, engine bay was dry sump was dry no leaks anywhere. so without the history and what not i got the car for 950

the only things that i could see this car costing me money on imediatly was

1) removing the wolfrace alloys and re fitting a set of standard alloys <-- sourced for around £200 with new Toyo T1-R's allround

2) removing the stupid loud back box that had been fitted (some cobra universal jap style backbox) Got a standard backbox for free getting it fitted with a de-cat for £100 all in at the end of the month

once this is over with and im back to a near standard car, time for a pre service oil change cheap oil and a good filter for 100mile or so then full service with the best of the best oil and parts wise and hopfully a new greddy timing belt at the same time

then the real fun can begin :D

photos of the car as i bought it;

IMG_1077_zpsebd5f702.jpg

IMG_1076_zpse38bdc00.jpg

IMG_1074_zpsc469c554.jpg

and a tribute to the much loved MA8

null_zpsae3b41ca.jpg

null_zpsec270a3a.jpg

So thats the start now for a catch up the, the 4" straight cut back box was too loud for me so i sourced a standard box and got it fitted but at the same time had decat pipe fitted too excellent i thought but no the back box i sourced was a dud and the baffles had collapsed :( and was making some awful rattle

had this booked in to be fixed then i drifted into a curb in tthe snow and bent my rear trailing arm nooooooo!!

ahh well new rear trailing arm off a rover 45 in the scrapper now in my boot waiting for the weather to let up and let me fit it, and my car went into the shop where they built me a custom back box not too loud but as free flowing as posible is what i asked for and i like what i got tbh :)

got plenty mods to come and maybe one to transform the car later tonight :)

im planning a white/green theme for my car need to get some of this carbon wrap everyones been using

My car in its current sorry state :(

null_zps40c1660a.jpg

is it supposed stick out that much? man im gunna have fun fixing this

null_zpsde5a50e8.jpg

and on the plus side of things we have this beast

null_zps6eb23366.jpg

null_zpsadb61714.jpg

And my fave mod so far adding at least like 15-20 whp are these bad boys :)

null_zps2062cbb0.jpg

Wasnt that hard but it was sideways in the snow into a curb lol :/

And Tom yes I love outward rolled lip reminds me of the trumpets on individual throttle bodies which is one of those dream mods I wish to get :)