1997 Honda Civic 1.6 - SHOW CAR PROJECT

JDMGirl

I wouldn't get the deck not at your age, f**k paying that sort of insurance for a car that u would struggle to sell for £1000. Stick with Wat u got and b18 it when ur insurance comes down

That is what I was thinking, i'd rather pay something less and then do whatever. Good plan, I was thinking along those lines myself :).

if you don't take it, let me know as i know of somone looking for a mc2 deck...

I don't think I will be taking it, as it'd be way too much for me to insure. I think all it needs is a new ABS sensor, but not to sure. I'll be able to ask the guy if you want?

Onto the actual car news..

I have ordered a new sump as it's threatening to rust though in another place. This one would not be "bodge" worthy, so a new one is needed. On the way, and should be here by Tuesday. Needing a new gasket. For sump, and the rocker cover. Cheap enough to get a hold of, so shouldn't be that much of a problem. Going to do a service too. Needing new oil (although just replaced, I would like to get some more to top it up with as it's not fully got the right amount in it. Oil filter and air filter. Im going to be giving it a proper service and tidy up. Probably a pre-MOT too if I have the time. Needing petrol for it anyways, so will be doing that all next week :).

Will get some proper pictures up soon.

well that is an issue what would it cost do you think im only 300 a year for my deck 8-)

But it depends. Im only 17 and that's about £5000 for a 1.8, it's stupid.

You'll forget all about the insurance costs as you hit 6k rpm :twisted:

That's what I was hoping. It'd be well worth it :D;)

:shock::shock: 5k for insurance is that even legal to charge that amount even at you age thats a disgrace :x

This might be the insurance companies having a laughing expense at me, but- I did a quote for my 1.6 Honda Civic Auto. Normally a 1.6 is around 3-4 grand for a new driver. But no, these took it way too many steps above to far and quoted me. £14,000 for a 1.6.

So I don't know if I will be driving her anytime soon :(.

For a few years after you pass your test its silly money. I got quoted one £12k for insurance, i managed to get it for less than 2k in the end for a 1.4 8v turbo.

You have to keep shopping around, it sometime takes forever but its worth it in the long run.

I just think it's absolute bulls**t. They just don't want new drivers to drive. And especially being young, being able to drive would be amazing. But knowing insurance is not going to be affordable for some lengthy amount of time, it's depressing :(.

But the £3000 is the cheapest I have found by far yet. It's just a shame that insurance had to come up for girls. I think it should have been guy's that came down. Oh well, im just going to have to save up the £14,000 :lol::lol::lol:

So what you going to do keep m and do her up and then when :roll: the price comes down use her ?

Yes, i'll be doing that. Got to get her up to MOT standard and all, then will be driving her hopefully :).

I think it's just the site I used to get a quote. WILL (hopefully) come down with some light haggling.

• 1 month later...

I haven't updated in a while, but I have some progress :).

•Fitted the new sump. Looks good, was pretty clean, crank etc. It looks god damn sexy ;).

IMG00045-20130419-1008_zps5d77cc22.jpg

•Done a service, that showed up more faults than I first thought.....

- Brakes need replacing and full system drain. Rear discs are shot basically, and are totally knackered +they are warped. Best to replace them. Calipers to, or if I can get the pistons free and properly working, they won't need replacing I don't think.

- Exhaust, having to take it of from the back box, due to seized bolts. CAT will need replacing as rattling, back box is leaking because of a small hole.

- Floor will need welding but that much of a big job, it's small section at the moment just don't want it to get worse....

And a lot more. Not things that are too costly, so they can be done.

More pictures to come when she's home and had a good wash.