VTi-S MB6 project. Turbo fitted

darthcrab

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is epic! Done in super quick time considering to haven't done a turbo build, what will you do for the emissions test for MOT?

I think you should keep it as sleeper as possible!

no updates..

Been really busy with work, been looking for some cheap buckets, some wheels, should I get wheels repainted, was going to buy some white lenso rs5's today, but changed my mind on the drive to motorway lol. then went to buy some toyos for it all round, but didnt have my locket nut, its in my other car and I see it there yesterday thinking, I should take this out..

just really been working and driving it to and from bluewater/lakeside every couple of nights. 

Raced a TVR on the motorway the other day..... he will be taking that back to the showroom for a refund i'm sure.

And best of all, a guy in a MK5 Golf GTI with a "vtect this sticker, you know the one, middle finger up... he put it on me last night as soon as I pulled out of my road, so I decided to stalk him until the car was warmed up, and then we found ourselves on a stretch of road off a roundabout. I expected him to go round and slow and wait for me to get round too, but he floored it and I heard him change into 3rd, and I thought, hahahahahaha I wont have to change until at least halfway up that road, your f**ked... and he was. it was humiliation. I wanted to get out and peel his sticker off lol..

anyway, all that was within the laws of our great land. no speeds broken of unsuitable driving.

South Mimms on sunday, looking forward to that. mine will be tucked well away and hidden lol, its like Frankenstein right now, just looks tatty ect..  and the last mimms the cars there were real nice.. clean, looked after well modded hondas.

anyone going?

• 2 weeks later...

Nice quick build mate. Was the fuel tank hard to take off? Also what fuel pump did you use

I found it pretty straight forward, it wasn't too rusty under there, and was literly two bolts. there are a few pipes you have to unclip and move around with a little persuading, but once the straps are unbolted, it's just a matter of moving it about until it drops.

I would say though, if you snap the threads on the bots or twist the straps ect, then putting back in might be some agro so be ready maybe for having the car out of action if that happends for a day while you get replacements. I was lucky, but I did also spray with tons of wd40

I use a walbro 255 pump