K7000's MB9 Slomo Project

K7000

Ok...i was p**sed for a while now but at the same time i started to think about a solution for my problem.

So i decided to replace some more parts, before the next problem shows up.

Masterplan:

- find a replacement fuel tank

- install new fuel lines

Talking about fuel lines...instead of getting regular stiff fuel lines, i was thinking of getting flexible ones:

spe-29425_w_ml.jpg

304 stainless steel flex braid on high quality nitrile rubber hose...easy to cut with a hacksaw for custom installation. Plus, they exceed all OEM specifications and are approved for use with all types of gasoline, diesel fuel, and octane boosters.

Main benefit: flexible lines are easy to install under the car...!!!

That's my idea so far...has someone installed flexible fuel lines before...??? 

• 2 weeks later...

my dads aerodeck had quite a bad fuel leak at one part where the line had rusted. Took it up to the garage and he replaced it with a flexible fuel line and said it will last longer and its what all the modern cars have!

• 4 months later...

Long time no see  :grin:

My slomo project actually is more like a time-laps project...!!! I had so much other things to do and no time for my Aerodeck.

Ok...but family comes first. I'm still driving around with the rusty hole in my fuel tank...it works as long as i'm not filling up the tank more

than 50 %. The "new" tank is waiting to be installed...all rust removed and painted with rust protection color.

tank.JPG

Still more than enough to do on my daily...!!! Hopefully i can get some more things done during the winter period.

Thx @ all...i need to get the tank fitted next month - so i can move on with the next things that need to be done...!!!

Next important point in my ToDo list: remove rust from all chassis / suspension parts and paint or powder coat everything.

My biggest goal for 2014 would be to get a new paintjob for the car and a replacement engine...!!! 

My current engine doesn't sound like it's going to live forever...knocking valves even after 2 times of valve adjustment...???

Otherwise the engine runs great...does not need much fuel and oil...good acceleration.

Weird...any ideas...???