**Matts MB3** THE END :(

MB3Matt

Hopefully. Might give them an email to see if they'll check which bit it is for free. Doubt it though.

How long can the car run like this?

Looks like I need to get under the car and do some sabotage :lol:

Maybe. :lol:  Certainly have a look and see if they're split, if not, I wouldn't bother emailing them.

As you've only just noticed it it'll be fine for a good while yet but the sooner it's done the better as it will put stress on the other components eventually.

I drove my mb6 like that for a year. Never got worse for me and was only on full lock. Replaced shaft when did engine swap.

It'll be your outer cv 99% of the time. There is very little movement on the inner cv whilst turning.

But like you said get someone to have a butchers if you can't diagnose yourself

• Like 1

Im going to leave it for now then, its not bad, and if it gets worse I'll get it sorted, but I'll get it jacked up next chance I get, just in case I can get it done for free.

Hopefully will be outer c.v

Mine has been replaced twice already and i only done 40,000 miles in that time and i drive many thousand miles inbetween them going and me getting them done (im not suggesting you do the same because yours may last that long or may go within a week) i believe mine keeps going because the shaft is knackered so will be worth thinking about changing that a later date if it is the joint that was replaced and has gone again...

Hopefully will be outer c.v

Mine has been replaced twice already and i only done 40,000 miles in that time and i drive many thousand miles inbetween them going and me getting them done (im not suggesting you do the same because yours may last that long or may go within a week) i believe mine keeps going because the shaft is knackered so will be worth thinking about changing that a later date if it is the joint that was replaced and has gone again...

It's on my post-JapFest 'to-do' list (going to just buy 2 new driveshafts and get them fitted), need to spend some money getting the car ready for the stand, and then I'll spend some money fixing her up.

It's on my post-JapFest 'to-do' list (going to just buy 2 new driveshafts and get them fitted), need to spend some money getting the car ready for the stand, and then I'll spend some money fixing her up.

I should probably buy drive shafts for mine ready for when they go! :lol:

• Like 1

I have seen your driving mate (you drive a car like it should be driven) so yes i would suggest buying them ready for when you break them, only wish i had the foresight to do the same thing but i only knackered one so far, well as far as  i know anyway.....

I have seen your driving mate (you drive a car like it should be driven) so yes i would suggest buying them ready for when you break them, only wish i had the foresight to do the same thing but i only knackered one so far, well as far as  i know anyway.....

Why thank you kind Sir, I do like to make sure everything works as it should! :D