Calster's MC1 'Wolf'

Calster17

I was expecting it to be the CV, as the same sounds as when I had the boot rip last summer(when turning and such), Only its coming from the right this time...been happening since before Christmas and been meaning to sort it for a while. But i'm not 100% myself...  :???:

My new wheel arrived so going to have a good look at the front to see what it is, hopefully nothing too bad but will check the drop link & track rod ends!  Could be anything as I've no service history with the car so don't know what has & has't been replaced. 

knowing me it'll end up being something really stupid & easy to do. 

If it was the CV I'd expect it to be a rumbling/grinding noise particularly on full lock, have you tried the car park test; find a biggish empty space where you can put full lock on and turn a complete circle first one way then the other.

Will try doing that, but it does tend to be at speed (30mph plus) and not all time time...starts about 5 minutes after driving most of the time and doesn't seem to happen when its wet. Why i was thinking the CV joint personally. But I'll honestly say im not sure on it myself  :shock:

Hoping to have found out & solved it by the end of April though! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Will try doing that, but it does tend to be at speed (30mph plus) and not all time time...starts about 5 minutes after driving most of the time and doesn't seem to happen when its wet. Why i was thinking the CV joint personally. But I'll honestly say im not sure on it myself :shock:

Hoping to have found out & solved it by the end of April though!

Pretty good chance it's your ball joint mate... Had it a couple of times now :(

Turned out it was none of the above, turned out to be a seized caliper on the off side.  :???:

Good news is that I've sorted it for the time being, as well as having a new set of pads in today. Went for a drive round the country back roads for about a hour and no sign of the squeeking noise. But decided I'm going to get new/referb calipers soon as well as new disc's while i'm planning the timing belt. 

All fit and reday, can't wait to bring her to the meet in Dalkeith now!  8-) 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

When you get the new wheel and tyre on make sure you get it tracked up too, just to make sure your knock hasn't upset anything else! 

Have been planning to get that done when I get it put in for the timing to be done.(Which will be soon, well I keep planning to get it done) :smile:

-

Though I'd add some more reasent pictures i took from over the past month:

993031_10152227785641132_823224932_n.jpg

The 'Window of Win'...

532214_10152243869806132_1411413062_n.jp

And the new filler cap...

10154241_10152291156041132_9038553210798

Got the cap off the 'Deck I got the seats out of, and fancied a change of sticker.(still have the original cap at hand though)

Also got a new gear knob, which I don't have photos of at hand. It's the ZillaLife 'death Tune' one! 

• Like 1