How Low Did You Go ??????

Mr Brown

My suspention mod is not too far away and for now i shall be going down the mg with lowering springs route.

As i use it for work i need to serioulsy consider how low i feel happy with going as i do not only deliver down normal roads some involve unmade tracks and i also need to be able to bump up (small) kerbs you get where im going..

So My Question: HOW LOW DID YOU GO....  could i ask for how low you went and if poss a picture of how it looks so i can see the differences please guys

From my veedub years, 130mm front, 120mm rear

Casualties-  2 sumps, 2 fuel pipes, 1 lower arm, 2 middle silencers, 1 tailpipe, 1 lower grille and a windscreen.

30mm will be fine ;)

27801_391796219479_3459980_n.jpg

30mm should be fine for your needs Mr B, mine went down by 55mm with the mgzs eibach setup and now with the coilovers on it's about 20mm lower on the front. ;)  :D

I don't go anywhere near kerbs. :rolleyes:

I've got the coilovers on mine (MeisterR) and dropped it around an inch (possibly slightly more)(which is around 30mm) and slightly less at the rear. Haven't had many issues so far, manages up kerbs no probs, and only one speedbump so far has caused any type of grounding. The speedbump was exceptionally high though, a lot higher than most! Other speedbumps have caused no issues at all.

So reckon 30mm will suit your needs fine mate. Not sure about the rutted track roads though, will depend on how deep the ruts are. :wink:post-2844-0-06209300-1376778161_thumb.jppost-2844-0-03302400-1376778184_thumb.jp

Thanks guys for figures and for providing pics as well the general consensus seems to be around 30mm to 40mm (thirty sounds like what i need) im prob about a month or so away from doing it which will give me time to work out which springs i shall be going for (this includes brand type which i shall be asking about closer to the time)

If you got to bump up curbs then I would say 30mm! 40mm tops

That confirmed what i was thinking of mate i know curbs should be kept well clear of but i got to park quick to get to next job (more money then LOL)

From my veedub years, 130mm front, 120mm rear

Casualties-  2 sumps, 2 fuel pipes, 1 lower arm, 2 middle silencers, 1 tailpipe, 1 lower grille and a windscreen.

30mm will be fine ;)

27801_391796219479_3459980_n.jpg

cheers for advice mate thats one low Golf LOL

30mm should be fine for your needs Mr B, mine went down by 55mm with the mgzs eibach setup and now with the coilovers on it's about 20mm lower on the front. ;)  :D

I don't go anywhere near kerbs. :rolleyes:

Another thunmbs up for the 30mm club 8-) .. The kerbs man I know i hate doing it but i have to really

My old e36

DSC_0214.jpg

I couldn't go down half the roads in Leicester but would I go that low again hell yes

Sweet looking E36 mate i do like a BMW (controversially on here LOL)

Homeafterrespray2.jpg

Went this low on my 200sx, the front lip was 4" from the ground.

On my mc I did have mgzs180 stuff all over with 10mm lowering forks on the front with 45 profile tyres on 17s, but with a full load it rubbed a little front and rear, so I have dropped the tyres to a 40 profile tyre.

078ccd1b97a19edd75916e0c91c5bc5d_zps28d7

:)

Only 10mm :shock: you can still notice it a lot though mate with such a small difference..I am running 40 profiles on 17's so i should get away with the suggested 30mm drop and to be honest i very rarely have a passenger in her let alone loading her up LOL

I've got the coilovers on mine (MeisterR) and dropped it around an inch (possibly slightly more)(which is around 30mm) and slightly less at the rear. Haven't had many issues so far, manages up kerbs no probs, and only one speedbump so far has caused any type of grounding. The speedbump was exceptionally high though, a lot higher than most! Other speedbumps have caused no issues at all.

So reckon 30mm will suit your needs fine mate. Not sure about the rutted track roads though, will depend on how deep the ruts are. :wink:attachicon.gifIMAG0546.jpgattachicon.gifIMAG0535.jpg

Cheers Guv your pics were particually handy as you have same front lip as i so i got a true picture of what mine should look like.. As im too lazy to check what size tyres and rims are you running (EDITED: i got bored and checked LOL)

Oh yes and the unmade roads if i have any problems with them i shall tell my boss and he will not give me any deliveries down them he is a really great boss.....there are not many but shed loads of speed bumps.