Burbleboy's VTi-S Build **NOW SOLD 16/12/15**

burbleboy

I was browsing through some posts last week and came across one that mentioned replacement of dizzy caps, so thought i'd better do mine.

So ordered one from Eurocar parts and fitted a new dizzy cap and rotor arm yesterday morning.

Feckin bottom dizzy cap bolt snapped didn't it :) But i fitted it after my shift so took off the whole distributer (marking the top bolt) and one of my mechanic mates drilled and re-tapped bolt for me! Thank feck i didn't do it at home as i dont have this equipment at home!

There was slight corrosion on contact points in the old dizzy. Due to seal leaking at the bottom of cap. Car feels more responsive but that may just be mind tricks!

All traffic laws were abided by and manouvers were carried out with precision i may add! :)

Mirror, signal, manoeuvre! ;)

I was browsing through some posts last week and came across one that mentioned replacement of dizzy caps, so thought i'd better do mine.

So ordered one from Eurocar parts and fitted a new dizzy cap and rotor arm yesterday morning.

Feckin bottom dizzy cap bolt snapped didn't it :) But i fitted it after my shift so took off the whole distributer (marking the top bolt) and one of my mechanic mates drilled and re-tapped bolt for me! Thank feck i didn't do it at home as i dont have this equipment at home!

There was slight corrosion on contact points in the old dizzy. Due to seal leaking at the bottom of cap. Car feels more responsive but that may just be mind tricks!

That's what had happened to mine, bottom bolt had snapped some time in the past, the parts inside had corroded badly, couldn't even dismantle it to replace the ICM or ignitor so ended up replacing the whole dizzy, night and day improvment from a non-starter! :lol:

Guest rallyeluke

Ebay mate £40 odd quid

Now now Mr!

All traffic laws were abided by and manouvers were carried out with precision i may add! :)

This is all I have to say to that.... 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

As per modified title!

£60 from ebay, used once (as they always are) so thought it was a good deal.

Plan is to roll my arches properly rather than my planned baseball bat method. This is primarily to save paint cracking. I shall be buying x1 alloy and tyre later to then use as 'scrubbing guide' before buying the rest of them!

Funds are tight as new kitchen getting done next month, so plan is to buy one wheel/tyre at a time whenever paid.

And yes, Rota Grid V project back on (thanks Dinochips) :)

But it will be a longer process though as priorities are house at the minute!

• Like 1