Burbleboy's VTi-S Build **NOW SOLD 16/12/15**

burbleboy

My mate and I spent 8 hours yesterday repairing the car.

I had full intentions of doing a 'how to' on this but in reality, I has too busy helping. The pictures I had taken, meant I had to wash my hands every time I needed to take a pic. I wasn't wanting to hold my mate back as we had a time schedule due to being in my workshop. I apologise but I was working that day also and was just wanting home. So no step by step guide on this one :(

Anyway,

20150307_122706.jpg

20150307_142516.jpg

Pressure plate fingers slightly worn;

20150307_142526.jpg

Note the piece of metal debris above the clutch disc;

20150307_142543.jpg

Worn out spring due to missing metal piece;

20150307_142556.jpg

The strip down;

20150307_143857.jpg

20150307_144423.jpg

The magnet inside the gearbox shows sign of metal wear;

20150307_144428.jpg

Gold part is the Synchro;

20150307_144442.jpg

20150307_152411.jpg

20150307_152420.jpg

Time for a clean;

20150307_145326.jpg

20150307_152454.jpg

New clutch installed;

20150307_165914.jpg

I also fitted new uprated gear linkage bushes to improve shifts.

I will recommend fitting the Mfactory Synchros as the gear shifts are really flawless now. But really only if the gearbox is coming out anyway.

Clutch pedal is easier but the biting point is quite high for my liking. I suppose I was used to the pedal being near the floor but this new bite point will take getting used too. Only some actual pedal height adjustments to be made now and I'm happy :)

• Like 2

Good work! Regarding the bite point in the other thread you started. I think it might be an idea to let it bed in at a point where it doesn't slip, it might move down on its own or you can adjust it again? Just a thought.

Good work! Regarding the bite point in the other thread you started. I think it might be an idea to let it bed in at a point where it doesn't slip, it might move down on its own or you can adjust it again? Just a thought.

Took it to Honda today for them to quickly inspect bite point. Guy says it ain't right. Clutch slipped on way there and he could smell it. He says it shouldnt be a high bite point and to try bleeding it again. Failing that the box comes back out and inspect clutch bearing etc. But then that leaves me in a dilemma as if clutch fitted correctly....do I then purchase a Honda cluth and try that? I'm fed up now. Over £400 spent and to no avail. Pass me the shotgun :(

I adjusted it back up on Sunday and it did it today. Adjusting the pedal height 8m told does not affect the bite point. The problems may be either;

clutch disc in the wrong way

New Slave cylinder rod not in right/bent

Clutch pressure plate fingers bent.

Will have to have gearbox back out me thinks. I should buy a Mario Balotelli t-shirt saying 'why me'

Think the clutch plate is in wrong way tbh as the springs look straight and not concave in the picture zoomed in !! :x

i think hard too tell...

just look to flat...

The guy came into my work before I started my shift and checked the new slave cylinder rod to make sure it wasn't bent or half in position etc. Then he looked at the clutch master cylinder rod and found that it needed adjusted. THIS solved the bite point!

The bite point can't really be changed but the pedal height/position can determine where the bit is on the actual pedal (not actual clutch as its hydraulic).

Simple adjustment cured it. :) But fitting all new parts at once does cause headaches when things go wrong as you need to narrow down to what is causing the problem.

Now to my exhaust getting sorted at end of month as it has been temp welded due to fracture and ALL joining gaskets need replaced, probably due to being burnt alive!

THEN need to get a Moroso sump ordered....then that should be it!

• Like 1