Feck's 1999 Civic

feck_on_a_stick

yup - 2 holes.  I looked into getting a rover/MG one when mine was goosed, but they just have the one hole.

Excellent.  Hopefully its a bolt down connector as well.  It does look like that to me from the photos of the two I've found for sale.  I've tried to email the eBay seller but they don't accept questions due to the 'high number of emails they receive'.  That's a new one.

I've also found a local company who repair tanks, radiators etc and use some sort of chemical bonding to coat the inside and outside of them.  I was tempted until they quoted me pretty much the same price to repair my current tank as it costs to buy a new tank.  Still its an option.

Excellent.  Hopefully its a bolt down connector as well.  It does look like that to me from the photos of the two I've found for sale.  I've tried to email the eBay seller but they don't accept questions due to the 'high number of emails they receive'.  That's a new one.

I've also found a local company who repair tanks, radiators etc and use some sort of chemical bonding to coat the inside and outside of them.  I was tempted until they quoted me pretty much the same price to repair my current tank as it costs to buy a new tank.  Still its an option.

Suppose you can look at it as an "easier" option depending on postage of the new tank?

Suppose you can look at it as an "easier" option depending on postage of the new tank?

According to the eBay link postage is free :) Something that heavy though I'm fully expecting a p&p charge to appear if I proceed to buy lol 

According to the eBay link postage is free :) Something that heavy though I'm fully expecting a p&p charge to appear if I proceed to buy lol 

Free is good! Maybe it's factored into the price? Then they'll realise where it's going and add some more :lol:

lol they wouldn't be the first eBay company to have done that.

Are you really splitting yours and selling it when you get back from your trip? 

I drove mine home from the garage yesterday, all clean, great weather, music blasting, and it reminded me how much I love it......just as long as I don't start smoking.

• Like 3

Ok well for trinity D my tank was not leaking it had been left with no fuel in and was rusting from the the inside ,it had loads of crap in it no matter how many times I cleaned it out it would rust up as quick as you could put petrol in .so I did not want crap going in the filters as they where already getting brown so the best thing was to go new . People have put second hand tanks in no prob ,remember there will always be a risk going second .

Right now on to the new one yes the M has two holes the hole you can see under the cover in the boot is for the sender .so the sender hole is on the drivers side ,the pump hole is the one next to the filling side you can see the neck for the filling pipe , now both the tanks look like mine and the sender looks like the twist lock not bolt in ,so if your sender is bolt in it will not fit on the tank you would need to track down a twist sender ,this is what I had to do not sure why honda did this but they like to make some things a pain ( lol) . Ok I not sure if its the MA that had twist fit and then went to bolt on the MB or they just did Radom senders depending on what tank they had in stock . Hope this helps anything else you want to know just ask I see if I can help

Ok depending on the tank you get this is the type of sender you need for the twist fit http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/94-01-HONDA-CIVIC-UKDM-VT-i-AERODECK-FUEL-PUMP-SENDER-mc2-/301262371566?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4624a2faee

Just so you can see the bolt on type looks like and the twist type so if you get a tank like I did you will need the twist type

Bolt

21BBC433-A555-44A4-8F3F-DDAD35B56C94.png

And the twist type

48C2F2E5-A692-4F97-A6B4-6715E0922DC1.png

Hope this helps

lol they wouldn't be the first eBay company to have done that.

Are you really splitting yours and selling it when you get back from your trip? 

I drove mine home from the garage yesterday, all clean, great weather, music blasting, and it reminded me how much I love it......just as long as I don't start smoking.

Most of the mods have provisionally been sold already, just need to do the necessary, then once it's roughly OEM I'll be selling the car, whole so someone else can suffer or fix it.

I just don't enjoy it and haven't really forged any kind of connection with it! I can't force myself to keep up the rate I was chucking money at it! There's other cars I would like to own so rather than throwing more money at this I'll save it towards something I'm actually interested in :)