Feck's 1999 Civic

feck_on_a_stick

I feel the same as you guys.  The car has got under my skin otherwise I'd have cut my losses long ago, and at least I know that I've now got a much better car underneath. 

Thats the main thing mate :)

I feel the same as you guys.  The car has got under my skin otherwise I'd have cut my losses long ago, and at least I know that I've now got a much better car underneath. 

Mine is much better than it was! Still got a little more to do but money constraints has slowed progress which is hard for me to deal with given the pace I had been going at with replacing parts and making the car less of a scrapper! But least she's good for my occasional treks across the country! 

• Like 1

We had a bank holiday which meant a four day weekend :)

I gave the Civic a bit of a wash and polish on Sunday before a run up the coast on Monday.  The Causeway Coastal Route is a really decent road as it hugs the coastline for most of its 60 miles, so it's nice and twisty, but also great views as well.  I wish I'd taken pics of the route, but I'd really recommend it for anyone who likes to travel around on driving holidays :)  Jeremy Clarkson roadtested the Twingo 133 on it a few series ago (before driving it in to Belfast Harbour)

I also reached a mighty 72,000 miles on the odometer on the way home.

My new 18" centre silencer is also due to be fitted tonight.  I cannot friggin wait.  Hopefully bye bye rasp.

%21B7C%28FoQEWk~$%28KGrHqUOKi0EyY0lY7,YB

Pretty basic clean car pic whoring.  I really need to get the good camera out and find a decent local location as well

e05daa22-482b-4a1c-a9b0-717aebb4b3f7_zps

That Top Gear road test on the coastal route for anyone who isn't bored yet by this post lol  Only the first 1m 45s is worth watching anyways :P

• Like 3

There are some nice coastal roads in Cornwall. I absolutely love it in my old MB3 in the summer. Not quite the same in the Aerodeck! 

The silencer looks bling!

Last night the Civic went back up on the ramp. 

I got a small flexi pipe welded in to reduce any vibration and also got the silencer welded in along with a small bracket to reduce movement.  Thankfully when starting the car it still had its deep rumble at idle through the Jetex back box.  Once the car was warmed up I took it down the road. 

The rasp is non-existent now when not in vtec, which is perfect, but its still there at 5,000-6,000rpm although not as pronounced as before, maybe because at those revs the engine is starting to scream anyways :)

I'll reserve final judgement for the next few weeks but at the moment I'm now really happy with the set up.  Meaty sound and free flowing. 

From the front of the car

8752FD13-827F-4950-886E-A39215F898CE_zps

From the rear

9F5F244B-430D-4C6D-A0D0-05B911A91313_zps

Hopefully that's got it how you wanted it mate! at 5-6000rpm you're going some anyway so probably won't be that bothered! It's when you're cruising at a steady speed or driving around town you don't want it rasping! :)

I took a couple of short videos on the way home but they aren't brilliant looking as the phone is vertical and I'm just not in to driving too hard with a phone in one hand lol 

Sound is decent though lol