Feck's 1999 Civic

feck_on_a_stick

Those bulbs looks pretty good!

I had Night Breaker Plus in my Micra, wasn't overly impressed with them. They lit up street signs about a mile away but only lit the road about 10ft ahead >.>

I'll invest in some of the Ultimates. Unlimited. Derp.

EDIT

Reading up, it seems the Unlimited bulbs are renamed Plus bulbs? 

Some more digging required!

Skymera is right. After a bit of a drive in to the countryside using dipped headlights I now think the throw from my headlights are worse than before. Full beam in the other hand is like daylight in comparison to the old ones.

On the beam test tonight the MOT tester asked me to move the light adjustment on the dash up to '0' but they were already at '0' lol. He said they just scraped a pass and need adjusted. Before I buy another set of bulbs I'm going to try and figure out how to raise the throw.

A good going over with a polishing machine over the lights might help too.

No changes made.  Our MOT testing is different to you guys.

Rather than take it to a designated garage there are about 17 test centres in Northern Ireland all ran and staffed by DVA employees.  When it comes to MOT time we pay for our time slots, drive up to the centre, drive in one side of the building then the car is pretty much taken along a step by step testing process before literally coming out the other side of the building with either a pass certificate or a fail sheet.  It usually takes around half an hour and then we're away. 

The pic above is at one of the test centres in my dads Austin Minor.  That centre has two lanes for cars and one for PSV'ing larger vehicles.

It's usually pretty stringent, and mostly all computerised but sometimes they let the odd little thing slide. I guess it just depends on the testers mood at the time :)

The only thing I can think of as far as pointing the headlights higher up is the two bolts on the top, maybe losen them, tilt the lamp back a bit then tighten up?

That's what I was thinking too.  I don't know why they'd be set so low unless someone had the lights off before for some reason and just fired them back on.

That's what I was thinking too.  I don't know why they'd be set so low unless someone had the lights off before for some reason and just fired them back on.

Could be! May have been off for one reason or another and then just bolted back on without much thought!  

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone any thoughts on what realistic difference in power I might expect just putting a standard backbox on the car?  I'm guessing any loss in power would be negligible?

At the moment I've a full 2.5" system and no cat. I'm guessing I'd need to modify the backbox to fit on the 2.5" piping, so assume there will be some restriction in flow there, but other than that?

Hopefully over the next 12 months I'll be adding more things to improve flow up front.

Ultimately I want something subtle looking and quiet under 4.5k rpm.  In VTEC I'm happy for something that still screams away like a mofo though.