Krzys' MB6 VTi-S - Sold!

Krzys

Tape doesn't seem to have worked, Tom mentioned he could see it flickering in his mirror while I was following him earlier, could hear it arcing so think I ought to replace and route it properly this time!

:lol:

On the way down I noticed it once or twice but as it it lighter I couldn't see it but as it was getting darker I could notice it more. Going to order a new loom for it.

Gahhhhhhhhhh!  :twisted:  complain.gif1  blowupsmiley.gif  :evil:  [smash.gif]  banghead.gif1  baby.gif]1

Wound the rear caliper pistons back in on both sides, spent ages adjusting the handbrake and finally got it working decently on both sides. Put the car back together, dropped the rear down. Let the handbrake off so the car would roll to test it, pull it up, "twang" and rolls freely..........FFS!!!

After saying goodbye to Nick yesterdayI'm just seriously not in the mood for dealing with it anymore. When Tom and Grant yesterday said I had bought a shed and spending three hours in a carpark (M25) coming home it gave me time to think (that my left foot was really feeling the heavy knackered clutch) about it all and I've decided the car well and truly is a shed still!

It still needs so much money spending on making it right and feels like all my free time and money is going into a pit. I'm at the end of my tether with this car. Trouble is unless I get a loan I'm pretty much stuck with it......:roll:

I think your very much at a bit of a cross roads here mate. You've sunk a lot on time money and effort into her and don't want to let that go, but at the same time aren't happy with continuing to poor it in. What you need to remember is that it is only a few niggly thins remaining now. The lump is solid, body is good, all breaks are new etc etc.

When you say it 'twanged' you mean like the cable let go??

If that process worked (which it sounded like it did) and then something go in the caliper released it, perhaps it's a fault within the caliper.

Handbrake feels like it now has very little tension, don't know what's actually happened as I haven't looked, fed up of constantly removing the wheels and fetching all the tools out etc! The first week of it being back on the road I left the tools in the boot, shouldn't have taken them out! :lol:

• Like 1

Guest martin

Try this, brake hard enough to engage ABS and the pedal will firm right up.

Trust me, I can change 4 brake pads in only 5 & 1/2 hours so I know what I'm doing

Try this, brake hard enough to engage ABS and the pedal will firm right up.

Trust me, I can change 4 brake pads in only 5 & 1/2 hours so I know what I'm doing

Pedal is fine now it's all bedded in mate, the handbrake itself is sh1t.

5and half hours what you doing with the other 4hrs

Bloody hell, 5 1/2 hrs, I can do a 3 axle reline on trailer and have time to spare...

Oh I think it only took me 1/2 hr to replace the rear pads on the 'deck and that was with a sticking slider to free off as well