Krzys' MB6 VTi-S - Sold!

Krzys

Shouldve taken it out at the same time! lol

Is peculiar that you can get all the way to the floor .. I cant think of anything else except air !

That's the same conclusion I've come to mate. That coupled with it needing to bed in as well which is probably adding to it. Going to use it the next few days to get some miles on it then bleed it again over the weekend, still got half a litre of fluid to hand. 

I wouldn't worry about touching the floor long as it's firm and your really having to push hard. I can push the pedal in my van to floor right now as I eat me lunch.

Maybe a bit of air still there.. does take some shifting when you've had everything off

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry about touching the floor long as it's firm and your really having to push hard. I can push the pedal in my van to floor right now as I eat me lunch.

Maybe a bit of air still there.. does take some shifting when you've had everything off

That's encouraging! :)

If it keeps going the way it is doing I reckon by the weekend the pedal will feel much better and the bleeding will become a formality! 

• Like 1

I've done about 100 miles on the new brakes and I am happy to report they feel much better than a few days ago! Still going to bleed them again just to be on the safe side though!

Also I've bought a pair of handbrake cables as one side doesn't work at all and the other isn't very strong and with the MOT looming in July I want it to be right, plus I don't like leaving the car in gear!

I had noticed these last few days that the car has been jerky, hesitant when cold under part throttle, not quite a misfire but like a lack of fuel. So had a look online and found out that it could be the lambda/O2 sensor and that to find out you simply unplug it and drive the car from cold. So I have just done exactly that and it feels so much better, smooth and no kangaroo impersonations! So I guess I need a new sensor! If you do try this you will get the engine light come up but should disappear once plugged back in.

• Like 1

Great to hear all is well with the new brakes! :) ... Best get onto those handbrake cables, need that fresh ticket!! ;)

Good info about the sensor too... Mine is sometimes slugish to start from cold, might run a day with it unplugged n see if its any better :)

Yeah it's worth a try dude!

Went I took it out to test I ended up out on a short random drive stretching her legs, felt good! Progression through the revs was much smoother than I've been used to!

Also adjusted my headlight aim up some so will see this evening if they are right or need to go up anymore!

Good knowledge there mate. May give that a go after doing the cambelt :) mine can be slightly kangaroo like on deceleration.

Glad the brakes feel better too!! :-D

I tend to forget! :lol:

I have the same problem! One time I left the MB3 in gear whilst parked at the edge of the dock at work. My heart skipped a few beats when I turned the key. :lol:

• Like 1