Krzys' MB6 VTi-S - Sold!

Krzys

I had my windscreen replaced in November, as I had the same issue as you I was preparing myself to scrap it there and then. To my absolute surprise (also considering it had cracked in from the edge when going over a speed bump) all that was revealed was factory fresh paintwork and an intact seal. It had been changed at some point in the past and was not the original seal, but the fitter reckoned it was pretty rare for a seal to fail on one of these. They are nice and wide and very far inboard. All the plastic trim around the screen is completely cosmetic. The sides of the screen form a drain from the roof gutters; I would guess it would be very very bad to silicone anywhere near here.

I now know for sure that my screen seal is good and that the sunroof is sealed but I still get a soaking wet headlining above the drivers door only and only when it rains. Gonna rip it out soon; I'll let you know what I find.

I have this.

I think it's due to my door seal. Doesn't look corroded much but it's so flat that the door sits in the A pillar 4-5mm!!

Gunna get that replaced soon.

Sounds like it's hit and miss this leak business.

I also had same issue. It was both top corners of screen leaking. I pulled the plastic trim from around screen and tiger bonded round it. Problem solved. I didn't flood the channel full of the stuff though. Just enough round edge of glass.

But it seems that's not always the problem as others are finding different things.

Good luck hope you sort it

This might interest you, I went out for a meal tonight, reversed it up to a bush on a bit of a hill so it was facing uphill. After a few hours when I got back into the car the rear screen was wet inside and out, with the rest of the windows misting up on the inside, front windscreen was the driest but still had condensation over a fair bit of it.

What do you make of that? I'm thinking boot seal could need changing too?

The foam around the front screen has stayed dry and the bits I dried off have stayed dry though, but I did get a drop on my arm while driving!

LOL i parked mine like that while i was at my mates at dorset because it was bucketing down and the same happened to me my spare wheel aperture is wet but but the windscreen and headlining were very lightly damp

i think that as mentioned before one of those smoke machines to find where its leaking or you could just lock me in there for an hour drag.gif1  drag.gif1  drag.gif1 should have the same affect...

i think that as mentioned before one of those smoke machines to find where its leaking or you could just lock me in there for an hour drag.gif1drag.gif1drag.gif1 should have the same affect...

Haha would leave a better smell than the car had/has (I may have become used to it)! :lol:

I have this.

I think it's due to my door seal. Doesn't look corroded much but it's so flat that the door sits in the A pillar 4-5mm!!

Gunna get that replaced soon.

Yeah I was thinking drivers door seal. Mine misses the bodywork in the top corner and has a rip halfway along as well. I have patched it up with some neoprene strips, no luck so far though in stopping the leak. The doors do sit under a bit though- to stop high speed wind noise I assume.

i can beat that if i took a pic of my coupe's interior but out of respect for her im not showing anybody how bad its got in there, not damp as much but mould a plenty....