*My Honda Civic MB3 project*

Kurupt mb3

Well I don't know about you lot but I'm very happy with my cheapy coilovers. Even the bloke I work with at the garage (who race and rally his cars) is very impressed with them. 

If I wasn't in a situation with money now, I would happily buy Meister R's.. well, at £600 I cannot justify spending that much considering I don't race my car on the public roads anyway ;)

At the end of the day mate what we're saying is your paying £200 for a naff set .. That are shit .. That are not even close to a third as good as a proper meister (or similar) set up and that for the sake of quick cheap lows, if you saved for a few months you could have them properly .. 

The simple fact that you cannot adjust the ride height without adjusting the spring dampening and that you have to use original top mounts as earlier mentioned shouts volumes to me of how naff they are .. 

Suspension is one of the most important parts of the car, along with tyres & brakes and IMHO not to be scrimped on .. 

The friend that does "rallying" obviously doesnt do it to a decent level as the suspension that are used on proper rally cars are far far more advanced that even the highest Meister set up .. 

• Like 1

At the end of the day mate what we're saying is your paying £200 for a naff set .. That are shit .. That are not even close to a third as good as a proper meister (or similar) set up and that for the sake of quick cheap lows, if you saved for a few months you could have them properly .. 

The simple fact that you cannot adjust the ride height without adjusting the spring dampening and that you have to use original top mounts as earlier mentioned shouts volumes to me of how naff they are .. 

Suspension is one of the most important parts of the car, along with tyres & brakes and IMHO not to be scrimped on .. 

The friend that does "rallying" obviously doesnt do it to a decent level as the suspension that are used on proper rally cars are far far more advanced that even the highest Meister set up .. 

Absolutely! 

I can understand the "You get what you pay for" I'm just trying to state that those cheap coilovers are not as bad as you think, the Prosports anyway... Not sure about the other cheapies. But i am well aware how much more the Meister's can do.

But what I don't understand is, when people say give it a few more months and you can get yourself proper nice coilovers. But what about people (like me) who cannot even afford to buy lowering springs?! Took me 3 years just to save up £200 for lows. Most people don't even keep a car for that long. So the way I look at it, just go for something cheaper to do something you always wanted to do.

That is just my opinion, I'll shut up now haha :P

I can understand the "You get what you pay for" I'm just trying to state that those cheap coilovers are not as bad as you think, the Prosports anyway... Not sure about the other cheapies. But i am well aware how much more the Meister's can do.

But what I don't understand is, when people say give it a few more months and you can get yourself proper nice coilovers. But what about people (like me) who cannot even afford to buy lowering springs?! Took me 3 years just to save up £200 for lows. Most people don't even keep a car for that long. So the way I look at it, just go for something cheaper to do something you always wanted to do.

Yeah but it didn't take you 3 years mate though did it. There was still numerous monies being spent on other things on the old mb3.

And if I'm honest, I think once, or if, you ever drive a car with Meisters, the impression you have that the pro sports are "pretty good" will be blown out the water.

If it takes three years to save £200, then clearly you can ill afford to fund your hobby, not fun, I've been there before. Which is a shame really.