Roj's Mean Green No Fire Trucks Given Machineâ„¢ (Rust In Pieces)

Roj

Today I was told by the guy behind me that only my spoiler brake light was coming on. So when I get to work I check the bulbs, both are fine. I turn the sidelights on, my tails light up. Must be a fuse then? Where on earth is the fuse for the brake lights? No where in the owners manual or the fuse box diagrams does it say "brake lights". So I Google the issue and find a couple of threads (one from here) and it's apparently an annoying wiring fault that's going to be a ball-ache to fix.

The car is MOT'd until December but tax runs out July 31st. So I figure it's probably worth just getting another car instead of continuing to fix the MB3.

Fuses are either below the steering column part of the dash or in the engine bay, I imagine the one you'll want to check would be in the box under the dash. 

I wonder if the foglight fuse is something to do with brakes lights too? 

Example: In the EG's if you remove the the horn fuse, the lights won't work either because they are both linked. Stupid really... 

I wonder if the foglight fuse is something to do with brakes lights too? 

Example: In the EG's if you remove the the horn fuse, the lights won't work either because they are both linked. Stupid really... 

Tried this, still no brake lights. Also checked other fuses, same results.

Fuses are either below the steering column part of the dash or in the engine bay, I imagine the one you'll want to check would be in the box under the dash. 

Checked both. Every fuse is in good working order.

Hmmmm it's a strange one mate! I know you said the bulbs look good but as a process of elimination I'd try another one, pinch one from the MB6 and see if it's still doing the same, if so it might be multi-meter time!

Hmmmm it's a strange one mate! I know you said the bulbs look good but as a process of elimination I'd try another one, pinch one from the MB6 and see if it's still doing the same, if so it might be multi-meter time!

I'll give this a shot. Hope it's just a case of crap bulbs and not a wiring fault. :(

Tried every damn bulb I had, none of them lit up. Very likely a wiring fault then. Need to double check with a multi-meter of course.

• 2 weeks later...

Today the front passenger window had the great idea to come off the runner. It fell down behind the door card but luckily it didn't smash into a thousand pieces. Plenty of scratches though. I managed to get it back onto the runner and between the weatherstripping, but if I put the window down it falls off again. I've just disconnected the power window wiring so that I wont accidentally lower it when I forget about all this tomorrow. Whilst I had the door card off (@Krzys it really is easy to take them off!) I saw that there was a bit of water at the bottom of the door, so I think all these recent problems have been caused by water getting into the car. I don't know what else is going to fail and at this rate I don't want to find out.

The MB3 is MOT'd until December so I have until then to find a suitable replacement. I'm looking for either a MB3/MB9, an EP1/EU7 or a Toyota Starlet. The MB3 will likely end up being broken and used for spare parts after that.

Today the front passenger window had the great idea to come off the runner. It fell down behind the door card but luckily it didn't smash into a thousand pieces. Plenty of scratches though. I managed to get it back onto the runner and between the weatherstripping, but if I put the window down it falls off again. I've just disconnected the power window wiring so that I wont accidentally lower it when I forget about all this tomorrow. Whilst I had the door card off (@Krzys it really is easy to take them off!) I saw that there was a bit of water at the bottom of the door, so I think all these recent problems have been caused by water getting into the car. I don't know what else is going to fail and at this rate I don't want to find out.

The MB3 is MOT'd until December so I have until then to find a suitable replacement. I'm looking for either a MB3/MB9, an EP1/EU7 or a Toyota Starlet. The MB3 will likely end up being broken and used for spare parts after that.

Glad you found it easy mate! Most things aren't as bad as they appear when you take a bit of time to see how it all goes together, I quite often have the haynes manual and the service manual downloaded from here to hand and nearly always ask another member for help or advise whether it be a simple question or a phone call going through something I'm not sure about! :)

I'd guess the water gathering in the door will be due to blocked drain holes in the bottom of the door as water does naturally end up in the door anyway.

But I understand you're probably getting fed up of the problems occuring, you have to draw the line somewhere, least you'll have some spares for the MB6, you'll be surprised how much of it you'll find useful!