Grant

Quick clean and hear box oil change this morning. Also lined up the tubing for my extended intake. Want the filter right behind the light, it's a little close to the block atm.

Yet to drive, but hoping the box feels smoother :-)

• Like 3

What oil did you use, Honda MTF? ;)

Exactly that mate. The land rover stuff is supposed to be the same and you can buy after market stuff, but IMO, it was £36 and I have 800ml left over, so willingly need to buy 2l next time, it's worth it.

Nice one, how easy/difficult was it to do? I've been thinking I really ought to do mine.

It's easier than engine oil Nick. Little square socket thing and a 17mm just above to fill it up. The only difficulty is refilling, as it's a tight spot. The way I did it, was with a funnel, with an extendable, flexible end, took intake off and went down from that way. Took me less than half hour.

• Like 1

Exactly that mate. The land rover stuff is supposed to be the same and you can buy after market stuff, but IMO, it was £36 and I have 800ml left over, so willingly need to buy 2l next time, it's worth it.

It's easier than engine oil Nick. Little square socket thing and a 17mm just above to fill it up. The only difficulty is refilling, as it's a tight spot. The way I did it, was with a funnel, with an extendable, flexible end, took intake off and went down from that way. Took me less than half hour.

Cheers, I shall probably get some then. :)

• Like 1

Suppose to be very good stuff and I got Honda MTF in mine when a changed the gearbox. It still seems very difficult when gearing down for some reason unless I'm being too gentle with my car :P

Suppose to be very good stuff and I got Honda MTF in mine when a changed the gearbox. It still seems very difficult when gearing down for some reason unless I'm being too gentle with my car :P

I oddly find she's more clunky when driving sensibly. Quick driving it's fine lol.

Cheeky. Got a photo of said bolts. Gonna give it a go..silly not to.

Said bolt? You got a seized one on the box?

I oddly find she's more clunky when driving sensibly. Quick driving it's fine lol.

I find that too. Much happier changing @ 8K than @ 3K. :)

Cheeky. Got a photo of said bolts. Gonna give it a go..silly not to.

How to. http://civic5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/70-how-to-checkchange-your-gearbox-oil/

Shame James has deleted his pics.

• Like 1