Clunks, pings and squeaks driving around corners

vtec2011

A while back I have posted a topic about some noises coming from the front passenger side going over bumps. Well since then it got worse, a lot worse! 

• Squeaks just by turning the wheel from stand still
  • Clunks when driving around corners at any speed
  • Spring goes ping going around corners (only does this sometimes)

Now I had the car up on the ramp 3 times this week. Me and a few others who works in the garage checked and couldn't find anything (including the MOT tester) 

I strongly believe it's the top mount bushes on the front shocks and maybe drop links. Can anyone suggest what else could be the problem? Is there any particular common faults on our MB's suspension related?

Thanks for reading and any help at all will be great! :)  

Sounds more like a ball joint to me dude.

When stationary they drop link isn't moving nor is the top mount. The newer ep shape civic have a plastic bearing in the top mount that rotates instead of a upper control arm. But we have the upper arm. So the knuckle rotates on two ball joints.

Can cause squeaking and creaking and knocking over bumps etc.

• Like 2

i have similar sypmtoms and agree with Jake (even though she passed her mot like it a couple or three weeks back) there may be very little or no visable movement when checking balljoints sometimes but they may still be knackered..Example i know my c.v joint is knackered as i can hear it is but it has no movement in the wheel so appears to be fine and passed its mot LOL

• Like 1