The mech seems fine. The sporadic functionality points towards a leccy issue though eh.

Since unplugging and securely plugging in, the window has been fine.

Almost time to check the power steering fluid and time to get new rear calipers. My O/S/R disc is rusty which tells me the brake isn't even working!

The mech seems fine. The sporadic functionality points towards a leccy issue though eh.

Since unplugging and securely plugging in, the window has been fine.

Almost time to check the power steering fluid and time to get new rear calipers. My O/S/R disc is rusty which tells me the brake isn't even working!

That's good then. Yeah sounds like the caliper's stuck.

Think our cars, given their age, suffer a lot from rear calipers sticking :-(

Given that the youngest ones are now 14 years old or so, but not everyone takes that into consideration! My neighbour thought mine was an '09 plate the other week! :lol:

• Like 1

Struggling to find rear calipers that are reasonably affordable.

EuroCarParts want £130 each. Which is fine but I'd rather not do 130 on one side...

One eBay ad said Rover 200/400 MG ZR calipers also fit? Can anyone confirm?

I thought Rover used 240mm solid discs and Civic had 260mm solid discs

Yeah he said he could do them but due to being mucked about before he wants my calipers first which is a big no-can-do as I need to get to work potentially 24/7

Completely understandable. Just a shame a few ruin it for everyone else.

I even offered to pay a refundable surcharge but he has no calipers to work with. And the cost of buying a used set to then get reconditioned bumps the cost up so much i'd be better of buying new.

Yeah he said he could do them but due to being mucked about before he wants my calipers first which is a big no-can-do as I need to get to work potentially 24/7

Completely understandable. Just a shame a few ruin it for everyone else.

I even offered to pay a refundable surcharge but he has no calipers to work with. And the cost of buying a used set to then get reconditioned bumps the cost up so much i'd be better of buying new.

Shame you aren't close enough to go in person to him!