Tyres - advice/experience/recommendations

Grant

Bit of a bump here but if you're after a decent tyre for in the damp as well as the dry then I'd look into Uniroyal Rainsport 3's,

Camskill do them for about 35 quid a corner in a 195-50-15 and they're brilliant in the wet

A friend of mine has a particularly tail happy MX-5 and since he's put the RS3's on the car sticks like s**t to a blanket :D

• Like 2

@Grant the T1-R's aren't too bad until they're low tread I've found, I had them on my old Celica GT which used to get chucked around a lot

The only things I'll say about the T1-R's are that they're very very soft so on a fairly heavy car they'll wear too quickly but more concerningly when they get to about 3mm change them as they become genuinely terrifying in the wet :)

Ive only had mine on about 6 months, with only about 3k worth of miles, so still pretty meaty.. I was well aware of high wear, not too bothered with the price and in the dry so far, im real happy..

In honesty, im not one for pushin in the wet anyway .. Not worth the risk ..