Tyres - advice/experience/recommendations

Grant

Ok ta, that site doesn't seem to have toyo's listed down the side but ill try the bay cheers :)

That's strange, that's where I got mine from but you're right they don't appear to stock them anymore. :unsure:

That's a decent price.

Yeah I've noticed they're cheaper mate lol.

I've used camskill before now and always been impressed with their prices and service.

Did you notice a change in handling characteristics when going down to the 50's???

i felt the car handeld better after having them fitted as the side wall gave less flex so wen up to temp they r awesome but in the wet the 50profile made no difference

i felt the car handeld better after having them fitted as the side wall gave less flex so wen up to temp they r awesome but in the wet the 50profile made no difference

Yeah had them on for just over a week now. Really impressed with them. Highly recommended.

• 2 months later...

Bumping this one.

I've currently 195/55/15s on the front and 195/50/15s on the rears. The car is sitting at standard height and there's def a more noticeable arch gap at the rear. I really need to replace the fronts but might as well replace them all. My current preference is 195/55 as the car is standard height, but, I can't deny the saving from 195/50 is tempting. At the same time I've also been reading guys on the DC2 and EK9 forums running 205/50s.

Has anyone here ran 205/50/15s on their 15" wheels?

Well sort of, i did on my tomcat n although they fit they always look flat n dont grip that well due to the extra flex in the wall so i took them off n fitted 195/50 r15 n it was way better so if u want wider tyres i would say fit wider rims